Neo Geo CD fair price for sealed Choutetsu Brikinger/Ironclad?

Joined Jan 2009
113 Posts | 0+
Red Earth
i thought i might as well post this here since there's no chance the game will sell soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300291048186&Category=64106&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

they are selling a sealed copy of Ironclad for 599 EU, or about $812 right now. does anyone think that is a fair price?? i even contacted the seller about it and asked if he would ever consider going lower on the price and the response i got back was: "No, sorry." :lol

i guess it's a very expensive and rare game anyways, but the price was rather shocking to me.

Neo-geo.com says $195-300+

http://www.neo-geo.com/guides/cd/cdguide.html

I don't know what the production numbers are on the game, but there is no way I would spend $750+ for a single game.

I know I couldn't swing such a price with my presently shallow pockets. I can look on and wish, but that is a very high price. I'm mostly a bargain bin gamer anyway.

I don't know if Brikinger is going up in price or not... about a year ago, you could get them used for $175-235... I thought new was at most $350. Although, I haven't seen a new Brikinger for awhile.

I would say $800's is ridiculously priced though.

†B†V† :hat

Personally I think the game is worth 100€ max. but I have seen it selled on ebay lowest (about) 150€.
How many copies has been made of this game???

I just saw someone selling the game (used) for 500£ @ ebay, its about 759$ thats a fair price :lol

Grandmaster said:
i just went back to game sale and it looks like someone has bought it :eek:
no way!!! ::D

They must have money and wanted to complete their collection as of LAST WEEK :lol Man.

i hope i can find this game at a reasonable price someday :). like... less than $200.

...end of last year (so to say my X-mas-present) I paid US $ 325,-- on eBay... not sealed, but complete with spine-card of course...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEO-GEO-NEOGEO-CD-Ironclad-Brikinger-Japanese_W0QQitemZ350240086783QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item518bef9aff&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

$299 OBO missing spine card. Not bad, I would pounce but I am quite certain my women would leave me ;)

Tadpole said:
...end of last year (so to say my X-mas-present) I paid US $ 325,-- on eBay... not sealed, but complete with spine-card of course...
Wow... they are going for that much?

What happened to the $250-275 Brikingers? $325 should be new IMO. I know it's rare... but that's expensive :lol

actually yea, i finally got the chance the play this when it was released on virtual console for wii. it's an ok shooter, but i think the price is simply based on the game's obscurity and previous exclusivity on the neo cd.

it's not a bad game but pulstar is still my fav. for the the system.

Grandmaster said:
actually yea, i finally got the chance the play this when it was released on virtual console for wii. it's an ok shooter, but i think the price is simply based on the game's obscurity and previous exclusivity on the neo cd.

it's not a bad game but pulstar is still my fav. for the the system.
Pulstar.... is bar far in my top 10 shooters.

I haven't broke this out for awhile... I need to do this soon.