a tribute

Joined Feb 2005
628 Posts | 0+
pits of hell
in a world like ours technology is always advancing. same case in the video game industry. and at times with our xbox's and PS2'S we forget where it all came from.

systems like the N64. some people may say it wasn't a great system and look at it and frown...

but not me i loved the n64 and i had some wonderfull games. it was a great machine and deserves to be remembered :)

FF7 master said:
in a world like ours technology is always advancing. same case in the video game industry. and at times with our xbox's and PS2'S we forget where it all came from.

You know, the Playstation was actually an even more important system than the N64, mainly because of the fact that it was the first system that played off discs instead of cartridges.

G-Sides said:
You know, the Playstation was actually an even more important system than the N64, mainly because of the fact that it was the first system that played off discs instead of cartridges.

Actually the Turbo Duo/PC Engine was the first CD based game system.

Dr_Ackula said:
Actually the Turbo Duo/PC Engine was the first CD based game system.
sega cd was close behind.... then the saturn..... then the jag cd.... and then the ps came out, I believe thats the us oreder :)

BTW... welcome to the boards G-sides!

†B†V† :hat

I know all that, but none of those systems really made it in the US markets (except the Saturn).

yah mon :cool:

G-Sides said:
I know all that, but none of those systems really made it in the US markets (except the Saturn).

yah mon :cool:

well.. saturn was a failure big time. While it had decent titles.. .it still was a failure.

The most successful to this day (in scope and reach) IMO was the Turbo Grafx / PCE with their CD system. Man they had some addictive games on that...
Playstation had the most success... but I gotta be honest, I Was never a fan of the system. I know a lot of people were though because of the shooters.

†B†V† :hat

I meant that Saturn was the biggest out of that list. :-X

But really, the N64 would've made an even bigger impact on the gaming world if not for the PS.

The 64 had its 15 minutes of fame, then it, just like all systems before it, faded into obscurity, only to be loved and cherished by a few individuals, myself included.
The 64 had one of the best games of gaming history, that game is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. To me, that was a milestone in gaming history, that game had an excellent blending of fun and strategy all mixed in together.
The 64 maybe outdated and hated, but I, for one, still enjoy very much playing its games.

G-Sides said:
I meant that Saturn was the biggest out of that list.   :-X   

But really, the N64 would've made an even bigger impact on the gaming world if not for the PS.
:lol you are totally right man...

@loki... yes... OOT was an AWESOME game, and I honestly think people overlook Majoras Mask as well.
That game was VERY well done. In fact, it almost got a perfect 10 rating.

Its still hard for me to believe that the N64 got the reception it did. I thought for sure that it would have done a lot better.

Bv :hat

And after all that arguing, this tribute goes out to VIDEO GAMES in general, if it wasn't for them, we might have done something else with our lives, something extremely productive and energy consuming.

Heres to gaming in general, may it fill our lives with imagination, competiton, and a grand fuckin time.

-Takes a shot-