Sega CD What are the best Sega Cd games?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
what games do you think are the best for the system.... and why.

I know that most people either hated or loved the system, and it didn't seem like there were many titles for it.... but out of the library... what do you think is the best?

Bv :hat

Well there is the main 5 that you must have for Sega CD

Final Fight CD
Sonic CD
Lunar: The Silver Star
Lunar: Eternal Blue
Popful Mail

The Sega CD had a piss poor library of games. I loved Sonic CD, the sound put it over the top. The graphics also seemed more "sharp" than sonics before it.

Never did see spiderman on the Sega CD... (is it available on the MEga CD only?)

welcome to the boards abhi :) We hope that oyu enjoy your stay!

BV :hat

My collection consists of

Dungeon Explorer
Final Fight
Keio Flying Squadron
Shining Force
Snatcher
Sonic
Spiderman
Syndicate
Heart of the Alien
Heimdall
Lords of the Thunder
Lunar Silver Star
Popful mail Falcom
Rise of the Dragon
Robo Aleste
Vay

I don't spot a stinker. I also don't recall any other game that is a must have:)

If I had to pick one it would be Snatcher. Kojima at his best.

Anything made by working designs for the sega cd was awesome. Lunar and Vay are two of the best rpgs i've played on any system.... I mean it's got diamond crapping dragons! Like some of the other guys were saying Snatcher is great as well. It kinda goes down hill from there unless you like "FMV" games. The pack in game Sewer Shark was my entire reason for buying a sega cd when it came out. I had a lot of fun with it. Night Trap was fairly good but it's another FMV type game and honestly I just bought it because Dana Plato was in it and parents made a big deal about the game because at one point a struggle sceene looked like a rape. The Sherlock Holmes game was also fun but by this point you may start to get tired of FMV games. Other than that and what the others have mentioned you've pretty much ran out of good games.... but hey, there's always the 32x add-on but even then you'll find maybe another half dozen games that have stood the test of time. But the genesis, cd, 32x all together form the coolest looking gaming system of all time! Too bad the game library isn't a bit more expansive!

Oh I totally forgot, there's a hose of the dead type of game that was super fun..... I'm sure someone here knows what i'm talking about. It might have been a 32x game tho

Also neglected to mention monkey island. It's in the game addiction store, and it's a really awesome game. Some of Lucas Arts finest stuff on the Sega Cd

targetrasp said:
Oh I totally forgot, there's a hose of the dead type of game that was super fun..... I'm sure someone here knows what i'm talking about. It might have been a 32x game tho

You referring to Corpse Killer?

Snatcher_L said:
SNATCHER! That game is worth the price! :D

A few years ago, I found that game complete for $3 at a flea market. I sold that badboy for $105...I played the game before I sold it of course, was extremely amazing.

MegaDrive20XX said:
A few years ago, I found that game complete for $3 at a flea market. I sold that badboy for $105...I played the game before I sold it of course, was extremely amazing.
Huh...I bought that game for about that price off ebay. Did you sell it this year? :p

found it for the $3 or the $105 price? It stays pretty high (complete anyway) the Sega Saturn Jap. version goes a whoooole lot cheaper. Right now I'm watching one that's up to $93, with tons of time left. The ebay stores have some 130-175. That's nuts, the game is fantastic, but man, we're getting into neo geo AES money!

The starting bid was at $99 so I just went for it and no one else bid. :p
Worth it since I haven't seen a complete copy go lower. :3

I thought you'd found it for $3.00! Was going to have you pick some lotto numbers for me if that was the case!