Majoras mask manual error.... did anyone see this?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
A majoras mask I have has a corrected insert stating that the manual is wrong on page 3..... stating the game can be played in 4 player mode.

Do you think thats because Nintendo was thinking of making a 4 player mode but decided to can it in favor of a new idea for the 4 swords adventure that appeared on the Game Boy Advance and Gamecube systems?
Do you think that maybe they actually had a 4 player part in it?
it would be cool to find a glitch in the game *somehow* that allows for a 4 player adventure or something like that.

What do you all think?

BV :hat

Find a Gameshark hacker and ask them to look. They are out there. Or you could try to find something on the internet somewhere...but N64 hacking is long since dead, and finding the fragments is something I do occasionally.

SpartanEvolved said:
Find a Gameshark hacker and ask them to look. They are out there. Or you could try to find something on the internet somewhere...but N64 hacking is long since dead, and finding the fragments is something I do occasionally.
hm... maybe we should pick up the pieces here.. eh?

meaning.. we find them and hold them here so they don't get lost :)

Hehe, yeah. But I don't have Majora's Mask, and was never that good at hacking. I don't know where you could find a hacker.

Bluevoodu said:
A majoras mask I have has a corrected insert stating that the manual is wrong on page 3..... stating the game can be played in 4 player mode.

Do you think thats because Nintendo was thinking of making a 4 player mode but decided to can it in favor of a new idea for the 4 swords adventure that appeared on the Game Boy Advance and Gamecube systems?
it would be cool to find a glitch in the game *somehow* that allows for a 4 player adventure or something like that.

What do you all think?

Mine doesn't say anything about 4 player.

Retro Hero said:
Mine doesn't say anything about 4 player.
they must have created it for yours.

I wonder if they were going to make it 4 player or what..... I wish someone could figure out if there would be a way to trigger that 4 player mode if it exists :lol

tell me that wouldn't be cool.

†B†V† :hat

That would be cool, but how would that work? If they took it out but somehow forgot abou tthe trigger for 4 players, I imagine there would be a lot of errors going on. Plus, wouldn't someone have accidentally stubled across this and people found out?

Still, it would be worth looking into at least.

Is it possible that they were working on 4 Swords at the time, or at least playing with ideas, and somehow some text got copied over to the manual? it seems pretty improbable but its fun to think of how it could have happned.

Still cooler to think there is some way to hack a four player game into it.

I don't know... but I'd like to know why the error came about at least. I guess it could just be a typo...

but it would be cool if there was a 4 player mode hidden in there.

Just imagine, one player is link, one is the goron, one is the zora, and the sucker gets to play the deku shrub.

I wonder if you could send that in to someone and they could try to figure out why its there.

Hmm I still have my manual and box somewhere. Now I'm going to have to find it and take a look at it to see that. LOL.

Mai Valentine said:
Hmm I still have my manual and box somewhere. Now I'm going to have to find it and take a look at it to see that. LOL.
Did you ever check out your manual and see this?

No, I probably forgot the moment I left the forum. :lol Now I'm not even sure where it is. :-\ I'll have to look for it again.

Mai Valentine said:
No, I probably forgot the moment I left the forum. :lol Now I'm not even sure where it is. :-\ I'll have to look for it again.
:lol bettterrrrrr find ittttt :)

Most likely a misprint/recycled text. Here's MM on the left and GoldenEye (for example) on the right:

majorasandgoldeneyemanualscans.jpg

you could definitly mod your way to a multiplayer mode, or use a gameshark, which is basically a mod-chip-for-dummies

with some digging, if could be done

I don't have the manual for that game anymore (the instock game that had that manual notice was sold).

I wonder if my launch copy has it... I will take a look.

Bluevoodu said:

What do you all think?

yeah i saw that before....... the first time i got the game. i realy dont feel like looking up what its called but the thing thats at the end of your system right infront of where you put the game in theres a cover and that is your problem, i needed a new 1 to play that game.