Sega CD question about the Lunar games

Joined Jun 2004
11K Posts | 0+
Georgia
I've come across a Sega CD version of Lunar Silver Star, but I already have the PS1 version. I am wondering what are the significant differences between them, if there are any? If I have Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (PSone) is it worth getting a Sega CD just for Lunar Silver Star?

I've only played lunar on the sega cd, I'd be interested in knowing if they were any different myself

Storyline is vastly changed, the SCD edition is actually shorter storyline wise. Where as, the SCD focuses on Alex's story of being a hero...and the PSX version focuses on Luna and her transformeration and Alex's story as well...plus giving Ramus more of a background, as well as Kyle and Nash. SCD version really didnt talk much of Nash or Kyle...

The GBA edition however, completely re-arranged it, Nash starts off with you near the beginning of the game oddly.

The Import Sega Saturn edition, focuses on Luna being the hero of the story for some odd reason...

MegaDrive20XX said:
Storyline is vastly changed, the SCD edition is actually shorter storyline wise. Where as, the SCD focuses on Alex's story of being a hero...and the PSX version focuses on Luna and her transformeration and Alex's story as well...plus giving Ramus more of a background, as well as Kyle and Nash. SCD version really didnt talk much of Nash or Kyle...

The GBA edition however, completely re-arranged it, Nash starts off with you near the beginning of the game oddly.

The Import Sega Saturn edition, focuses on Luna being the hero of the story for some odd reason...

Ramus had... a background..?......

yes, Ramus in the PSX edition wanted to become a famous adventurer/Treasurer hunter....but never got that chance, so he took over the shop when he confronted the shop owner for stealing the gem they brought to him....Ramus (during the end) marries some girl and his shop is a huge success apparently.

in the Sega CD edition...he wanted to accompany Alex because he always wanted to see the White Dragon. after a while...and when you got to the sea port town...he leaves your party saying he's seen enough venturing and retires in that shop,...the end lol