Votes: 1 33.3%
  • New Style Stick

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Joined Jan 2005
186 Posts | 0+
Maryland USA
Which do you prefer?

I left the old style stick off the list so I could look at this from a very specific perspective. CD Pad or New style???

I am going to choose the new style stick over the CD pad... the CD pad works VERY WELL with Win Jammers, but I couldn't get used to it.

The new style stick (although smaller feeling)... feels more sturdy than the old style stick.

My favorite is still the old style stick :)

†B†V† :hat

i think the cd pad and the new style stick are both good, but it depends on the game being played. a game like metal slug seems better for me on the cd pad.

for fighting games, i definitely enjoy using the stick better.

I need to look for a stick. In so many of the fighters I want so bad to use my fingers for the punches and kicks sort-of thing. I like the pad, but there is that need lingering there.

I like the pad for the racing games and Puzzle Bobble where you don't need to press more than one action button.

I prefer the stick for Metal Slug because it makes it easier to jump and shoot at the same time.

The pad is a lot easier to hold comfortably than the stick though. Both are great.

For fighters its 100% original stick for me. Strangely enough I actually unscrew the ball and use the joystick as just a small rod, as it seems to be more comfortable that way. (can this get any more sexual sounding? haha

For shooters and games such as Puzzle Bobble / Puzzled , I always use the cd pad, as it just seems better suited to those games.

So I use a combo of both really