Who has dusted off the NES, SNES lately?

Joined Jun 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Louisburg, NC, USA
Yup. Who done it? Why? What game was played? SM3 here. Because I can.

Dusted off??

My SNES has a solid position right next to my PS2. I believe Super Mario World is the current cart, though Gradius III is in the console often.

Grind, you are my hero. Nothing like the feel of a classic controller in your hands!

I just don't have the room for it, otherwise it would be sitting out all the time. I think the last thing I played in there was Super Mario World also. :lol

I just hooked up my SNES again a couple of days ago. My sister had had it in her room but I took it back and didn't have a place for it. I figured screw it and just hooked it up while it was cluttered with all my controllers/accessories under the entertainment center. I need to finish up Donkey Kong Country 2. I'm on the second-to-last world's boss…

Sadly I only have the NES games, but no system. I used to have this awesome top loader mini NES that almost never froze, but it seems to have disappeared.

x2 said:
Sadly I only have the NES games, but no system. I used to have this awesome top loader mini NES that almost never froze, but it seems to have disappeared.

Ebay! Worth every penny to have that big brick on a shelf and friends come over and drool. But not on the NES. Even though it could probably handle it.

I haven't played either lately. But I need to bust out my SNES so I can get around to playing Earthbound.

As a shooter fanatic (old school) I need my regular hit of Gradius III often. Dust never settles on that game. I am amazed at myself that I can still play that game over and over again and yet never tire of it.

On the NES, or Famicom, it is Gun Nac and Crisis Force, love those games.

i've been playing my super nintendo lately. a local trade in store has snes games and sometimes people trade in some really great stuff.

i've been going through super mario all-stars + super mario world & the 7th Saga.

Grandmaster said:
i've been playing my super nintendo lately. a local trade in store has snes games and sometimes people trade in some really great stuff.

i've been going through super mario all-stars + super mario world & the 7th Saga.
Nice!!! 7th Saga. Now that's a game I haven't heard in forever.

BV :hat

Actually, I dust them off every week when I clean. All my systems all always hooked up. I haven't played the SNES in a while but I played the NES earlier this week. It had been having a problem since I installed a new 72-pin connector. It was having trouble locking down cartridges. Long story short, there's a tab on the cage that needs to be under the main board. That's working perfectly now. I decided to "test" it out by playing some Double Dragon and Mega Man.

Sadly, it still has the flashing issue.

i've heard the replacement 72 pin connecter isn't as good as the original part and would still cause problems sometimes. maybe its better to clean the original part as best and thoroughly as possible and use that again.

I've actually heard the contrary. Also, it's caused by dirty games as well as a bad connection between the 72-pin connector and the main board and, or the games. They wear out over time from sticking games in and pulling them out. I'm going to order some cleaning supplies and open up all my games and clean them. I'm going to replace the connector in my other NES and see how it goes.

Grandmaster said:
i've heard the replacement 72 pin connecter isn't as good as the original part and would still cause problems sometimes. maybe its better to clean the original part as best and thoroughly as possible and use that again.

It can make it hard to pull the cart out. But otherwise it clears up a lot of the blinks, gray and pink screens. I put one in my NES because it came from a house that was occupied by a chain smoker.

Dart said:
It can make it hard to pull the cart out. But otherwise it clears up a lot of the blinks, gray and pink screens. I put one in my NES because it came from a house that was occupied by a chain smoker.
That sucks... I hate the smell of electronics or anything that comes from a house like that.

I always heard MOSTLY favorable things about the NES modifications. If I had issues with mine... I Would do it.

BV :hat