Completed Games Going Forward

Joined Oct 2004
9K Posts | 1+
Los Angeles, CA
A new topic!!

Basically, all this topic will consist of is all the games I (or you, if you decide to participate) complete going forward. For 2017, I plan on completed a bunch of series I never really got to completing. I need to finish more games since I have a huge backlog (especially on Steam!)

Every time I complete a game, I'll update my post to reflect where I'm at. Feel free to do the same, or not. If this place is going to continue to exist, I might as well utilize it as some type of historical documentation. :lol

I completed Transistor today. First half of the game I had to force myself to continue. It's quite slow and the battle mechanics took me a bit to get used to, not mention how frustrating they can be. Second half picked up and I enjoyed the ending. Final battle wasn't anything spectacular but it went by quickly.

As soon as I finish something I'll list it... I just wanted to chime in so you wouldn't get discouraged and keep listing stuff out.

Sounds fun! I'll list a few games myself.

Drakengard 1-3
Nier
Senran Kagura Series
Bullet Girls 2

I really should finish the Drakengard series and Nier especially with Nier Automata coming out in March

Scratch that. My goal games to beat and not games I actually beat yet. :lol

targetrasp said:
As soon as I finish something I'll list it... I just wanted to chime in so you wouldn't get discouraged and keep listing stuff out.

All good. I appreciate the encouragement. :)

Snatcher_L said:
Drakengard 1-3
Nier
Senran Kagura Series
Bullet Girls 2

Wow, you finished all those games already this year?! That's impressive. I'm still going through Tomb Raider II. :lol

Magic Duels - I finish the story mode just before the new set is supposed to come out. Hopefully it comes with another few levels.

CreepinDeth said:
Wow, you finished all those games already this year?! That's impressive. I'm still going through Tomb Raider II. :lol

D'oh! I completely misinterpreted this thread and assumed it was for games were are progressing through :lol

Well so far this year I've beaten:

Bullet Girls

I guess I beat River City Melee and LAST FIGHT but those two are fighters and only really need to get all the trophies/collectables.

Snatcher_L said:
D'oh! I completely misinterpreted this thread and assumed it was for games were are progressing through :lol

Well so far this year I've beaten:

Bullet Girls

I guess I beat River City Melee and LAST FIGHT but those two are fighters and only really need to get all the trophies/collectables.

No worries. Yes, this is for games we've beaten. I would count River City and Last Fight. If you completed the Story Mode of those games, then it counts. I have so many games to play, I don't think I have time to go back and try to get achievements even if I wanted to. :p

targetrasp said:
Aether Revolt, the new expansion to Magic Duels just got beat about 20 minutes ago

Nice, good stuff.

I'm still going through TRII. Might take me a week to beat it. My plan is to finish the original Tomb Raider series all the way through Chronicles. Not sure if I'm going to play Angel of Darkness yet.

I completely missed you talking about transistor. I gave that game about 20 minutes and decided to backlog it. Everything I ever read about it was awesome and then playing it was such a let down. Artsy games just don't seem to be my thing.

Welp, this kinda sucks haha. I've been mostly playing games that are basically un-completable.

1. Star Wars - The Old Republic (MMRPG)
2. Star Was - Battlefront 3 (basically just full-time online battling)
3. Phantasy Star Online (the old GameCube RPG...found some free active servers online)
4. Madden 17

But, I need to get started on Halo 5 so maybe I'll be able to post about that soon. :)

Recently, the games that I have finished, sort-of, if you can consider those games in that frame of mind, have mostly been 16 bit fighters. :lol Arcade games are what they are, addictive repetitive gaming.
Street Fighter Zero 2 - SFC
RYUKO NO KEN - SFC
Fatal Fury: The King of Fighters - SFC (Found this to be a really tough game)
GAROU DENSETSU 2 - SFC

I know that is cheating. I really need to get into, dig in, settle into, a good RPG and work all the way through it. I haven't done that in a long time. Maybe I should sit down to EarthBound. I haven't really got into that one yet.

targetrasp said:
I completely missed you talking about transistor. I gave that game about 20 minutes and decided to backlog it. Everything I ever read about it was awesome and then playing it was such a let down. Artsy games just don't seem to be my thing.

I know what you mean. Artsy games can be deep and compelling but this game doesn't have a great story to it, so it falters quite a bit. The second half picks up but the battle system and enemies keep things boring still. At least it's a short game, so if you want achievements or trading cards for Steam, this is a good game for that.

Happy to see others posting up. Keep on gamin'!!! ;D

1. Magic Duels
2. Steam World Dig

Finally added one.

To be fair it's a short game, playing around it took me 4 hours and there's an achievement for beating it in less than 2 1/2 hours.

I wanna go Back to Dark souls, and play it all over again.

And I wanna continue playing Ragnarok Journey. because it is so much fun to play. for a web-based game, this is so entertaining

Is this a callout post for people like me who never finish anything? :eek: :lol (Just kidding)

Actually this year so far I've finished one game! I beat Mass Effect Andromeda.

With any luck I'll also finish Uncharted 4 and Gears of War 4 at some point.

1. Magic Duels
2. Steam World Dig
3. Plants Vs. Zombies (again)

#3 makes me laugh but my son absolutely loves that game, I think we've got it on just about everything its ever been sold for. It was the only game he's asked for since I purchased an Xbox One. We played it through co-op.

Mai Valentine said:
Is this a callout post for people like me who never finish anything? :eek: :lol (Just kidding)

Kind of :lol

It was more of a subtle way to keep me on track to finishing games since I have a major backlog and seeing if others would join me. Still haven't finished TR II. So much to explore!