Where have all the Neogeo CD systems gone?

Joined Oct 2006
204 Posts | 0+
Gainesville, FL
It seems like there was a time when the market was flooded with CD systems, and now there are only a few on eBay. I was thinking about saving up some money, and maybe getting a CDZ somewhere down the line, but there are like none available.

I also stared to notice a very high decline in the Neo Geo Cd also.I also remember when it was so easy to get one ,now you be lucky even to see one or the case to bid on one.It is just not the system alone lots of the games are become very hard to find to buy also.I am very scared to sell mine,then change my mind later and want buy it again.I think just a lot of people got caught on how great the Neo Geo is and just don't want to sell it,or maybe it is becoming a scarce system. I guess time will tell. :( :( :(

maybe it's a ten year old CD based system and more and more are starting to break down with little to no means of repair.
Or like most things NEO people are holding onto them and not selling them.

kraftwerks said:
maybe it's a ten year old CD based system and more and more are starting to break down with little to no means of repair.
Or like most things NEO people are holding onto them and not selling them.
yes... and actually I wouldn't doubt if it was a case of hardware starting to die off (A LITTLE... not that much yet), and people just hanging on to theirs because they are getting harder to find.

†B†V† :hat

It would be fun if SNK/Playmore did a special run of 24X CDROM Neos ;-)

Yeah these are difficult to find I think its mostly just people holding on to them. Probably some dying though, damn weak lasers! I know of at least one person who owns two (CD and CDZ) and he won't sell. Check neogeo.com they pop up there now and then