Who here actually owns a neo aes/cd/mvs?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
besides me?

I own a US aes, US CD, and an MVS arcade cabinet..... but I am curious as if anyone else does?

Proud Neo GEo Owners, post here :D

†B†V† :hat

I own a JPN Neogeo AES modded with S-video, Stereo, and a debug bios.
I own a JPN Unmodded Neogeo CD

:woot

hey! Winter's here :)

Thats #2... anyone else? :lol

I dont own any of that but I do own a PS2, Dreamcast, PS1, and PC (of course). :lol

good games they have, but too much trouble to chunk out the money and look for them when other options are available

It took me a long time to find and procure my systems. However, there are some series that there really is no replacement for. Fatal Fury, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown 1, 2, 3, 4, Aero Fighters, Ghost Pilots, The Last Blade, The Last Blade 2, Ninja Masters, Bust-A-Move, and numerous others.

Bluevoodu (Dave) has some incredible deals on Neogeo CD systems. If you cannot afford a Neogeo Home Cart system, they are a cheap, affordable way to play these games.

And, I can assure you, that the CD system (though the loads are long) are graphically and gameplay wise better than any port of the same game out there.

is there a reason for the ..... ? :lol

Do you really own a Neo Geo ?
a Neo Geo what?

Neo Geo MVS 1 slot
Neo Geo AES US system

Hey Blue, I've not been around since you switched over to the new forums... it's pretty nice.

I own a Neo-Geo cd system JPN with region switch mod.

And an MVS arcade cabinet, a one slot.

8)

I've had mine since 1997 :)

it is the US CD system. I also have owned a US Neo AES since 1993.

and my MVS cab.... nearly 2 years.

I had an AES once, got it back in junior high school..must've been around..'93 or '94 maybe.

Sold it about 3 years ago.

Well, basically I sold it because I prefer my MVS, and the games are much much cheaper for MVS than AES.
I rarely ever bought games for my AES (I only had 12) because of the outrageous prices, but on MVS the vast majority are very inexpensive.

Case in point...I have seen Metal Slug on AES sell for over $1000, whereas I got it on my MVS for $30.

thats a good point :D

man... even the CD version knocks that $30  outta here :lol
erm... I mean the CD version is way more expensive :)

Moltar said:
good games they have, but too much trouble to chunk out the money and look for them when other options are available

Maybe you should consider a Neo-Geo CD system? You are limiting yourself when you play nothing but ports on different systems; half the games worth owning / playing were never released on mainstream game systems. It's just a thought! :) :af

welcome Neolord! :D

Its good to have you here :)
I hope you enjoy this site as well :D