Sega Genesis genesis > snes

Mai that first book recommendation is a very good book. I have that and I have really enjoyed it.

I sort-of lean toward the genre of games that I enjoy the most on any system. When it came to the Genesis I went for the shooters, platformers, and fighters. To me, Streets of Rage is hard to beat. The system seemed to have more shooters than the SNES, my favorite genre. Probably the main reason I enjoyed it the most. I personally wouldn't want to experience every game put out for any particular system.

Mai Valentine said:
Ok see, but here's my issue with your idea. You spent months on researching it, but I personally don't have that kind of time due to work and having to sleep and other things. Besides that, I'd have to play all of them, including crappy ones. When I barely even finish good games these days, that seems like an incredible waste of time. I mean no offense by that, but I don't think I could put that much time into playing video games unless I was getting paid for it.

Yeah I'm with Mai. I don't like the ROMS and Emus. Growing up with the real carts and such feels more rewarding. Even if the crappy games come along. God I am really craving Gargoyle's Quest 1 and 2 right now. *hugs my carts* <3

Luckily during my college years and being broke a majority of the time. Finding the old carts and learning about them was cooler, especially during 1999-2003 where these carts were easier to find after everyone jumped on the PS2 bandwagon :D

I am just using the roms as a demo to decide what games to buy in the original cart form. I am planning to buy all the games I liked!! ::D

I am pretty busy my self but when ever I get a vacation from work and school I make sure to invest my extra free time on doing the list little by little. Look at me now finished Mega Drive, Gameboy and Gameboy Color. Quite the accomplishment IMO.

You know guys I got a better idea maybe I share my work over here in the forums. I wouldn't go as far as to say it is a "perfect" list for everybody but it would be a good alternative from actually doing the research and spending months for it yourself.

retro junkie said:
Mai that first book recommendation is a very good book. I have that and I have really enjoyed it.

I sort-of lean toward the genre of games that I enjoy the most on any system. When it came to the Genesis I went for the shooters, platformers, and fighters. To me, Streets of Rage is hard to beat. The system seemed to have more shooters than the SNES, my favorite genre. Probably the main reason I enjoyed it the most. I personally wouldn't want to experience every game put out for any particular system.
Actually SFC got more shooters and fighter and much much much more platformers. SFC and PSX got lot of juicy stuff from all genre but you will never know unless you spend months to try them.

Actually the Shooters for PSX early life alone were overwhelming I start hating the genre (which is one of my favorite genre too) from playing so much of it. :-\

GAMEBOY said:
Actually SFC got more shooters and fighter and much much much more platformers. SFC and PSX got lot of juicy stuff from all genre but you will never know unless you spend months to try them.

Actually the Shooters for PSX early life alone were overwhelming I start hating the genre (which is one of my favorite genre too) from playing so much of it. :-\

During the lifetime of the systems the Genny had 61 and the SNES had around 48. That is not counting the Genny's 32X or the Sega CD, which would only add 9 more to the list. Not all of the shooters made it to all regions. Sadly most of the SFC shooters never made it over to the US, which means that I will never be able to experience those games unless I import a SFC and hunt down those games. (Or I could do a little surgery to my SNES) Highly unlikely that I would be able to find them available anywhere. Late nights monitoring eBay, maybe. But a lot of the Genny's shooters did make it here. Which is why I enjoyed the Genny more.

retro junkie said:
During the lifetime of the systems the Genny had 61 and the SNES had around 48. That is not counting the Genny's 32X or the Sega CD, which would only add 9 more to the list. Not all of the shooters made it to all regions. Sadly most of the SFC shooters never made it over to the US, which means that I will never be able to experience those games unless I import a SFC and hunt down those games. (Or I could do a little surgery to my SNES) Highly unlikely that I would be able to find them available anywhere. Late nights monitoring eBay, maybe. But a lot of the Genny's shooters did make it here. Which is why I enjoyed the Genny more.
I respect your opinion but I have to strongly disagree.
A game not released in your region does not mean it doesn't exist.
Also games not being released in your region does not make them "bad" or "awful". Many of the games that used to get a state release were those made by jap publishers who have a branch in US and only few jap publishers do.

also IP law and licensing and marketing issue plays the major rule on whether a game get release state wise or not, it had only little to do with a game production value and/or quality. Back then the big business men decided that all American hate RPGs, just look how wrong they end being now.

Also the US SNES died in an early life -1996 if memory serves me right- while in Japan it keep getting support even by Nintendo until like 2001 so limiting your self with the US market you have given up on five years of SFC games that's almost half the SFC life.

Add to that only few games used to release in the US and especially back then. Even Europe tend to get much more games.

Here some statistic to better illustrate:
Famicom:
Japan: 1053
US: 762
----------
Super Famicom
Japan: 1513
US: 725
---------
PlayStation
Japan:3261
US: 1369
--------
PlayStation 2
Japan: 2902
US: 1841

The gap is huge and having in mind that must US games doesn't get Jap release and big numbers of US games are sports/ driving titles heavily increases the already huge gap!

GAMEBOY said:
I respect your opinion but I have to strongly disagree.
A game not released in your region does not mean it doesn't exist.
Also games not being released in your region does not make them "bad" or "awful". Many of the games that used to get a state release were those made by jap publishers who have a branch in US and only few jap publishers do.

also IP law and licensing and marketing issue plays the major rule on whether a game get release state wise or not, it had only little to do with a game production value and/or quality. Back then the big business men decided that all American hate RPGs, just look how wrong they end being now.

Also the US SNES died in an early life -1996 if memory serves me right- while in Japan it keep getting support even by Nintendo until like 2001 so limiting your self with the US market you have given up on five years of SFC games that's almost half the SFC life.

Add to that only few games used to release in the US and especially back then. Even Europe tend to get much more games.

Here some statistic to better illustrate:
Famicom:
Japan: 1053
US: 762
----------
Super Famicom
Japan: 1513
US: 725
---------
PlayStation
Japan:3261
US: 1369
--------
PlayStation 2
Japan: 2902
US: 1841

The gap is huge and having in mind that must US games doesn't get Jap release and big numbers of US games are sports/ driving titles heavily increases the already huge gap!
Ummm...... :lol What are you talking about? I really don't understand your response to my post. I stated the number of shooters that where put out for both systems. I nowhere said that they did not exist. Out of those total numbers, many did not make it to the US. But they are included in the total. The SNES did not have more shooters than the Genny, which includes all games from all regions. If I was to be able to play all 48 shooters that were made for the SNES, I would have to import a lot of those. That was my point I was trying to make. I am sorry that you misunderstood, or did not make myself clearer. It would be very difficult, at this point, to track all of them down for obvious reasons.
During the lifespan of the SNES and Genesis, for the average gamer, you had to limit yourself to game releases in your region, like for me, the US. There was really no internet and imports were very expensive to get a hold of, most ran over $100. Very different situation presently.
I really don't know what you are disagreeing with. And no where did I say any game was "awful or bad."

I still play games on both my SNES and the Genesis, and I still purchase games for both. My last import for the Genny was Zero Wings. A shooter that I missed during the Genny's lifespan.

Nintendo of America stopped production of the SNES in 1999.

retro junkie said:
Ummm...... :lol What are you talking about? I really don't understand your response to my post. I stated the number of shooters that where put out for both systems. I nowhere said that they did not exist. Out of those total numbers, many did not make it to the US. But they are included in the total. The SNES did not have more shooters than the Genny, which includes all games from all regions. If I was to be able to play all 48 shooters that were made for the SNES, I would have to import a lot of those. That was my point I was trying to make. I am sorry that you misunderstood, or did not make myself clearer. It would be very difficult, at this point, to track all of them down for obvious reasons.
During the lifespan of the SNES and Genesis, for the average gamer, you had to limit yourself to game releases in your region, like for me, the US. There was really no internet and imports were very expensive to get a hold of, most ran over $100. Very different situation presently.
I really don't know what you are disagreeing with. And no where did I say any game was "awful or bad."

I still play games on both my SNES and the Genesis, and I still purchase games for both. My last import for the Genny was Zero Wings. A shooter that I missed during the Genny's lifespan.
lol
sorry for the ambiguity.
What I disagreed about was how you differentiate between a game from one region and one from another. to me such classification is none existence regardless of the difficulty to get a game from said region. But that just my personal opinion nothing more. I am pretty sure many people wouldn't feel the same way as I do. Either way and as I stated before that your opinion and I respect that.

That what I meant then and since the subject of different region was mentioned I changed the subject to it and tried to emphasize on how important it is to check games from all region regardless the difficult circumstances. I meant to encourage you to import I didn't mean to accuse you of things you didn't say. Sorry if you thought that way.

also Lol in respond to the numbers. my mistake. I think my classification for "shooter" genre were too broad. Lol yeah Mega Drive despite the few support it got it had more side scroll "Shooter" (or whatever they are called) than SFC.

Nintendo of America stopped production of the SNES in 1999.
That doesn't mean much when almost ZERO games got released in these time period. Japan got approx 100 games while US had 10. Keep producing it in the US for that long is probably for the Super Gameboy because that system support ended in the US in almost this same year.

I only mentioned the numbers because I disagreed with your statement that the SNES had more shooters.

GAMEBOY said:
lol
sorry for the ambiguity.
What I disagreed about was how you differentiate between a game from one region and one from another. to me such classification is none existence regardless of the difficulty to get a game from said region. But that just my personal opinion nothing more. I am pretty sure many people wouldn't feel the same way as I do. Either way and as I stated before that your opinion and I respect that.

I really don't think there is any disagreement between us. To me hardware is hardware whether it is released in Europe, Japan, or the US. The games that are released on that hardware, are the games that are in existence on that hardware. It is the game companies that are making the differentiation by releasing only certain titles in certain regions. They are the ones that create the regional lockouts.

I'm mostly referring to a time period, the 16 bit days. The main source of the information that a gamer had was Game Magazines. It was the "Golden Age" of Video Game Magazines. If the magazine did not mention the game, the gamer would not know it existed. It was hard and difficult to obtain any imports unless you either lived in certain locations in the US or it was by mail order. And then it was the price of those imports, which was out of the reach of the average gamer.

It wasn't a matter that a gamer didn't want to try those games that were out of reach. Many circumstances made it "not a choice." You had to be there to understand. It is so different in the present when it comes to gaming. The internet has made a direct impact on availability.

As far as support for both systems, Sega and Nintendo supported their respective system about equally here in the US. The SNES might have had maybe 5 or 6 more titles than the Genesis.

Here in the US, it was the next generation of gaming that sucked the life out of those systems in their final years.

retro junkie said:

Can I frame this statement? MAN, I love it!!! :D

I was just thinking today about the Genesis and what makes this system standout as special in my video gaming experience. Listed below are some of my favorite games on the system.

That little flying something that you used on that suicidal mission against massive hordes of strange aliens and what not.

1.Bio Hazard Battle
2.Lightening Force: Quest for the Dark Star
3.Hellfire
4.Thunder Force III
5.Sagaia
6.Zero Wing
7.Gaiares
8.Grind Stormer
9.Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits
10.Truxton
11.Trouble Shooter
12.Wings of Wor
13.Sol-Deace
14.Phelios
15.Task Force Harrier
16.Steel Empire
17.Thunder Force II
18.Robo Kid
19.Space Harrier
20.Burning Force
21.Viewpoint
22.Battle Squadron
23.Galaxy Force II
24.Raiden Trad
25.Super Thunder Blade (yea I know its a poor translation, but I still like it. Wished it had gotten the 32X treatment)

I debated with myself whether or not Robo Kid, Trouble Shooter, and Space Harrier should be on that shooter list. They just seemed to belong.

Tough Guy Stuff.
1.Gunstar Heroes
2.Mega Turrican
3.Castlevania Bloodlines
4.Vectorman
5.Vectorman 2
6.Chiki Chiki boys
7.Streets of Rage
8.Streets of Rage II
9.Earthworm Jim
10.Revenge of Shinobi
11.Shinobi III
12.Comic Zone
13.X-MEN 2
14.Samurai Shodown
15.Golden Axe 2
16.Ranger X
17.Mercs
18.Battletech
19.Wolf Child
20.Mystical Fighter (I don't know why I like this one, but I just do)

Tuff Girls, you gotta love em.
1.Alisia Dragoon
2.El Viento
3.Valis III

Special Side Scrollers
1.Kid Chameleon
2.Dynamite Headdy
3.Disney's Aladdin
4.Quackshot
5.Buster's Hidden Treasure
6.Chuck Rock II
7.Ristar
8.Adventures of Batman and Robin
9.Toki
10.Tinhead
11.Gargoyles

And of course on top is Sonic 1, 2, and 3. Outrun is my favorite racer on the system. Phantasy Star 4 and Landstalker, got to place them here too as some of the best on the Genesis. And as I write this I have some more games coming in the mail that may be added to this list.
To me there are a lot of games on the Genesis that has stood the test of time and still pushes my button, if you know what I mean. Are the graphics, gameplay, etc. date by today's standards? It is a matter of perspective and how you approach video gaming as a whole.

Interesting list. Funny how I found it to be confusing because I am used to the Japanese name on Japanese games and American names on American games I pay little to no attention to localization or Trademark and copyright issues. Your list seems to be completely Americanized.

Here is my favorite in chronicle and alphabetic order. Please note that I spend months and days to make this list. I spend quite reasonable time for each and every signal MD game I played I even beat several of them for the first time which tells you a lot on how serious and much time and effort I put on each one of those games. I also Speak little Japanese so I managed to well enjoy many of the not "text heavy" jap games. :D

STRATEGY

01.Herzog Zwei
02 Langrisser
03 Shining Force: Kamigami no Isan
04 Shining Force II: Inishie no Fuuin
05 Dyna Brothers 2
06 Langrisser II
07 Lord Monarch: Tokoton Sentou Densetsu
08 The Hybrid Front

Follow up

01 Super Daisenryaku
02 Master of Monsters
03 Bahamut Senki
04 Advanced Daisenryaku: Deutsch Dengeki Sakusen
05 Ninja Burai Densetsu
06 Vixen 357

Note: Koei also ported many of it History-Strategy games from the PC to the Japanese MD if you are interested. Decent conversation but I suggest playing the PC original if you really like the games.

Koei:

01 Nobunaga no Yabou: Bushou Fuuunsoku
02 San Goku Shi II
03 Royal Blood
04 Teitoku no Ketsudan
05 San Goku Shi III
06 Nobunaga no Yabou: Zenkokuban
07 Europa Sensen
08 Aoki Ookami to Shiroki Meshika: Genchou Hishi
09 Taikou Risshiden
10 Liberty or Death
11 Daikoukai Jidai II
12 Nobunaga no Yabou: Haouden

SPORTS

01 Ozaki Naomichi no Super Masters
02 Kyuukai Douchuuki
03 Paddle Fighter
04 Putter Golf
05 Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars

Follow Up

01 Tecmo World Cup
02 Nikkan Sports Pro Yakyuu VAN
03 Wrestleball
04 Honoo no Doukyuuji: Dodge Danpei
05 Pebble Beach Golf Links
06 Tecmo Super Bowl
07 Devil's Course
08 Hyper Dunk: The Playoff Edition
09 Striker
10 Waialae no Kiseki
11 From TV Animation: Slam Dunk: Kyougou Makkou Taiketsu!
12 International Superstar Soccer Deluxe
13 Premier Manager 97

Driving

01 Super Hang-On
02 Super Monaco GP
03 F1 Circus MD
04 Nakajima Satoru Kanshuu F-1 Grand Prix
05 OutRun
06 Metal Fangs
07 Micro Machines
08 Outrun 2019
09 Combat Cars
10 Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament
11 OutRunners
12 Virtua Racing
13 Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 96
14 Street Racer
15 Micro Machines Military

Follow Up:

01 Road Rash
02 Double Clutch
03 Paperboy 2
04 Road Rash II
05 Rock 'N Roll Racing
06 Super Off Road
07 Road Rash 3

Unfortunately time is quite harsh to the Sport and Driving genre so you might want to trim down you exceptions when playing old games in these genre. :p

SHOOTER

01 Thunder Force II MD
02 Atomic Robo-Kid
03 Elemental Master
04 Gaiares
05 Phelios
06 Thunder Force III
07 Whip Rush: Wakusei Vortegas no Nazo
08 Gynoug
09 Undead Line
10 Verytex
11 Zero Wing
12 Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer
13 Crying: Aseimei Sensou
14 Koutetsu Teikoku
15 Super Fantasy Zone
16 Thunder Force IV
17 Twinkle Tale
18 Eliminate Down
19 Ex-Ranza
20 Panorama Cotton
21 Viewpoint

Follow Up

01 Arrow Flash
02 Burning Force
03 Darius II
04 Granada
05 Insector X
06 Musha Aleste
07 Same! Same! Same!
08 Aero Blasters
09 Battle Mania
10 Master of Weapon
11 Raiden Densetsu
12 Senjou no Ookami II
13 Super Airwolf
14 Task Force Harrier EX
15 Chelnov: Atomic Runner
16 Lethal Enforcers
17 Subterrania
18 Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters
19 Mega SWIV
20 Urban Strike
21 V V
22 Skeleton Krew

RPG

01 Phantasy Star II
02 Toki no Keishousha: Phantasy Star III
03 Exile: Toki no Hazama e
04 Fushigi no Umi no Nadia
05 Rent A Hero
06 Ys III: Wanderers from Ys
07 Minato no Traysia
08 Sorcer Kingdom
09 Tougi-Ou: King Colossus
10 Phantasy Star: Sennenki no Owari ni
11 Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu
12 Yuu Yuu Hakusho Gaiden
13 Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu II
14 Madou Monogatari I

Follow Up

01 Sorcerian
02 Shining and the Darkness
03 Surging Aura

Note: At the time being my Japanese is very limited so I struggled to rate the Jap only RPGs I'll make sure to amend the list to add more games or rank others higher when my Jap language reach a satisfying level.

PUZZLE

01 Pyramid Magic
02 Pyramid Magic II
03 Pyramid Magic III
04 Pyramid Magic Special
05 Lemmings
06 Puyo Puyo
07 The Lost Vikings
08 Columns III: Taiketsu! Columns World

Follow Up:

01 Columns
02 Doki Doki Penguin Land
03 Krusty's Super Fun House
04 The Humans
05 Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
06 Man Overboard!

PLATFORM

01 I Love Mickey Mouse! Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken
02 Magical Hat no Buttobi Tabo! Daibouken
03 I Love Donald Duck: Georgia Ou no Hihou
04 Marvel Land
05 Slime World
06 Sonic the Hedgehog
07 Wardner no Mori Special
08 Chameleon Kid
09 I Love Mickey & Donald Fushigi na Magic Box
10 Magical Tarurūto-kun
11 Sonic the Hedgehog 2
12 ToeJam & Earl
13 Bubsy in: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind
14 Chuck Rock II: Son of Chuck
15 Disney's Aladdin
16 High Seas Havoc
17 McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
18 Snake Rattle 'n' Roll
19 The Flintstones
20 The Ren & Stimpy Show Presents: Stimpy's Invention
21 Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure
22 ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
23 Animaniacs
24 Cool Spot
25 Disney's The Jungle Book
26 Mickey to Minnie: Magical Adventure 2
27 Mr. Nutz
28 Sonic & Knuckles
29 Sonic the Hedgehog 3
30 Donald in Maui Mallard
31 Ristar: The Shooting Star
32 Spot Goes To Hollywood
33 Sonic 3D Flickies' Island

Follow Up

01 Rainbow Islands Extra
02 Chuck Rock
03 Aero The Acro-Bat
04 Doraemon: Yume Dorobou to 7-Jin no Gozans
05 Pink Goes to Hollywood
06 Puggsy
07 Aero The Acro-Bat 2
08 Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
09 Bubble and Squeak
10 Bubsy II
11 Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote
12 Marko
13 Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse
14 Taz in Escape From Mars
15 Time Dominator
16 Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel
17 AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
18 Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales
19 Disney's Toy Story

FIGHTING

01 Garou Densetsu: Shukumei no Tatakai
02 Street Fighter II' Plus: Champion Edition
03 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters
04 Garou Densetsu 2: Aratanaru Tatakai
05 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
06 Mortal Kombat 3
07 Mortal Kombat II
08 Samurai Spirits
09 Saturday Night Slam Masters
10 Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
11 Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen
12 Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Follow Up:

01 Eternal Champions
02 Mortal Kombat
03 Gouketuji Ichizoku
04 King of the Monsters 2
05 Shaq-Fu
06 The Itchy & Scratchy Game
07 World Heroes
08 Weaponlord

Warning! some of the "Follow up" fighting games are very cheesy.

BEAT EM UP

01 Bare Knuckle: Ikari no Tekken
02 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Return of the Shredder
03 Bare Knuckle II: Shitou no Chinkon Uta
04 Battletoads / Double Dragon
05 Splatterhouse Part 3
06 Bare Knuckle III
07 Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage
08 The Death and Return of Superman
09 Spider-Man & Venom: Separation Anxiety
10 The Adventures of Batman & Robin

Follow Up:

01 Alien Storm
02 Golden Axe II
03 Mazin Saga
04 Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
05 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
06 X-Men 2: Clone Wars

ADVENTURE

01 Fantastic Dizzy
02 LandStalker: Koutei no Zaihou
03 Monster World IV
04 Shin Souseiki Ragnacenty
05 The Story of Thor: Hikari o Tsugu Mono
06 Light Crusader

Follow Up

01 Psy-O-Blade
02 StormLord
03 Another World
04 Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
05 Ecco Jr.
06 Scooby-Doo Mystery

ACTION

01 Dai Makai-Mura
02 Ghostbusters
03 Monster Lair
04 Arcus Odyssey
05 Bonanza Bros.
06 Dahna: Megami Tanja
07 El Viento
08 Gain Ground
09 Jewel Master
10 Toki: Going Ape Spit
11 Valis III
12 Wonder Boy V: Monster World III
13 Alisia Dragoon
14 Captain America and the Avengers
15 Chiki Chiki Boys
16 SD Valis
17 Splatterhouse Part 2
18 Blaster Master 2
19 Dashin' Desperados
20 Gunstar Heroes
21 Rocket Knight Adventures
22 The Super Shinobi II
23 Zombies Ate My Neighbors
24 Contra: The Hard Corps
25 Dynamite Headdy
26 Earthworm Jim
27 Generations Lost
28 Mega Bomberman
29 Mega Turrican
30 Pulseman
31 RoboCop Versus The Terminator
32 RockMan: Mega World
33 Second Samurai
34 Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2
35 Vampire Killer
36 Alien Soldier
37 Comix Zone
38 Earthworm Jim 2
39 Pepenga Pengo
40 Vectorman
41 Vectorman 2

Follow Up

01 Kujaku Ou 2: Geneishiro
02 The Super Shinobi
03 Richard Tracy
04 ESWAT: Cyber Police
05 Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
06 Strider Hiryu
07 Trampoline Terror!
08 Flicky
09 Joe & Mac
10 Maou Renjishi
11 Rolling Thunder 2
12 Batman: Revenge of the Joker
13 Cadash
14 Crude Buster
15 Risky Woods
16 Sunset Riders
17 Superman
18 The Legend of Galahad
19 Ball Jacks
20 Blades of Vengeance
21 Captain Planet and the Planeteers
22 Cyborg Justice
23 RoboCop 3
24 Snow Bros.
25 Bubba 'n' Stix
26 The Pirates of Dark Water
27 Gargoyles

Misc

01 Air Management: Oozora ni Kakeru
02 Air Management II: Koukuu-Ou o Mezase
03 Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
04 Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R

Follow Up:
01 Daikoukai Jidai
02 Devil Crash MD
03 Bad Omen
04 Chibi Maruko-Chan: Waku Waku Shopping
05 Clue
06 Monopoly
07 Family Feud
08 Party Quiz Mega Q
09 Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
10 Disney's Bonkers
11 Risk
12 Wacky Worlds Creativity Studio

The term "Follow Up" is a polite term for "not so great games" however I feel that they are worth mentioning and at lest deserve to be given a chance. They are more like in a gray area, not great but not mediocre or bad either.

Huge list. I am saving the main console like the FC, SFC and PSX for latter. Logically speaking the best of SFC list gonna be much much bigger as it have twice as much games as the already awesome MD. :drool

Massive list there. There are some games in your list that I have yet to chase down. I want Musha soooo bad. It carries such a heavy price. My dream list would be Panorama Cotton, Eliminate Down, and Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer. So hard to find and the price is usually out of mind especially on Panorama Cotton.

I presently have a little over one hundred Genesis games and that list is growing as I pick up a title here and there. Two genres that I don't like is sports and strategy games. But I do like NBA Jam, which I do have for the Genny. I mostly like games that have an arcade feel to them.

Yeah my Genny list is very Americanized. But my Turbo GrafX 16 list is a different story. :D And my Neo Geo CD is all Japanese titles.