console

Joined Oct 2005
1K Posts | 1+
Washington
imagine what an new Sega console would be like in the coming generation...it would be glorious.

I don't know.. I mean, it has been awhile since we have seen a system from them.... maybe they would have lost a lot of fans, lost their touch in the market... or in gaming in general, ..... or done the wrong move in a system choice.

But then again... maybe it could have been great :)  We'll never know.

†B†V† :hat

this is fan they would not have lost :)...also,why is this the only topic in the Sega general forum?

It's too risky for Sega to jump back in. Especially during this time. Yet after seeing VF5 and HOTD4 you can tell that Sega means business.

If they did have a new console, it would be praised as much as Dreamcast or Saturn probably. Plus, since Sega is beloved in Japan so well, I would assume many die-hard companies would support it to death. Such as Capcom, SNK, and Sammy

Ghouls N Ghosts said:
It's too risky for Sega to jump back in. Especially during this time. Yet after seeing VF5 and HOTD4 you can tell that Sega means business.

If they did have a new console, it would be praised as much as Dreamcast or Saturn probably. Plus, since Sega is beloved in Japan so well, I would assume many die-hard companies would support it to death. Such as Capcom, SNK, and Sammy

Then I dont see why they cant make one that's Japan only, gain some 3rd party companies, make some money then come up with a big plan to make a big launch in America. That would be great.

even if they could dominate in japan(which is a distinct possibility)the market for video games is diminishing in japan,so they would want to set their sites on the American market where the market is growing....but in north America they might not do so hot

guitarwizard said:
even if they could dominate in japan(which is a distinct possibility)the market for video games is diminishing in japan,so they would want to set their sites on the American market where the market is growing....but in north America they might not do so hot

Well Sega might be able to put a spark in the video game market over there. So it might be a win-win situation.