Who still has a wii and plays it?

retro junkie said:
My next game will be Geometry Wars: Galaxies. Excite Trucks has always secretly caught my eye.

There needs to be a sticky on recommended games for the Wii.

Done. :D Here.

Excite Truck is pretty awesome, too.

Mai Valentine said:
Done. :D Here.

Excite Truck is pretty awesome, too.
Thanks! As a new owner, even getting so late into the game, I appreciate it.

MegaDrive20XX said:
Geometry Wars is good.

Also for retro lovers, the Wii is the bomb with Arcade compilations. Like "Data East Arcade Classics" and "Ultimate Shooting Gallery" that contains 3 Dreamcast shooters.
Thanks Mega, I will check out both of those recommendations.

MegaDrive20XX said:
Geometry Wars is good.

Also for retro lovers, the Wii is the bomb with Arcade compilations. Like "Data East Arcade Classics" and "Ultimate Shooting Gallery" that contains 3 Dreamcast shooters.

sounds like an educational game :-\

retro junkie said:
I have it for the DS. It is a wild addictive shooter. I'm talking old school meets modern.

nice! what kind of a shooter? like whats the storyline?

I haven't played my Wii since I got my Xbox 360 about 5 weeks ago. Probably only played it on average about once every 2 weeks before that. The last game I can recall actually being entertaining was Metroid: Another M, and I played through it the week it came out. Usually the Wii is used only by my kids, or by me if I want to play an old Neo-Geo fighter on the emulator, or watch a DivX movie that I'm too lazy to burn to disc for my DVD player.

In all honestly I'm sickened by the Wii every time I see it being played by the kids now, it just looks like total crap compared to the Xbox, and it is really hard to imagine that they are from the same generation, and even more outrageous is the fact that the Xbox is older than the Wii. I had never played an Xbox 360 or PS3 until 5 weeks ago, so I had no idea how huge the difference was. The Wii is more or less just a Gamecube with gimmicky controllers :-[

aleeock157 said:
I would like some kind of JRPG for it, if there is any (besides ToS2, which I have played somewhat recently) hit me up. =o
If you want JRPG for the Wii, I highly suggest crying or commenting suicide as the Wii got many strong JRPG such as The last story, Xenoblade, Pandora something and Tales of Grace but ALL are Jap only at the time being. And no, learning Japanese and importing is no longer an option thanks to the nuclear crisis. :'(

Dr_Ackula said:
I haven't played my Wii since I got my Xbox 360 about 5 weeks ago. Probably only played it on average about once every 2 weeks before that. The last game I can recall actually being entertaining was Metroid: Another M, and I played through it the week it came out. Usually the Wii is used only by my kids, or by me if I want to play an old Neo-Geo fighter on the emulator, or watch a DivX movie that I'm too lazy to burn to disc for my DVD player.

In all honestly I'm sickened by the Wii every time I see it being played by the kids now, it just looks like total crap compared to the Xbox, and it is really hard to imagine that they are from the same generation, and even more outrageous is the fact that the Xbox is older than the Wii. I had never played an Xbox 360 or PS3 until 5 weeks ago, so I had no idea how huge the difference was. The Wii is more or less just a Gamecube with gimmicky controllers :-[

Metroid is a fun game. its one of the games i did buy for when im at my folks house!

GAMEBOY said:
If you want JRPG for the Wii, I highly suggest crying or commenting suicide as the Wii got many strong JRPG such as The last story, Xenoblade, Pandora something and Tales of Grace but ALL are Jap only at the time being. And no, learning Japanese and importing is no longer an option thanks to the nuclear crisis. :'(
What? Hasn't got any harder to import games. The only games harder to import because of the tsunami/earthquake are the Zettai Zetsumi Toshi series because they were all pulled off the shelves/cancelled

Dr_Ackula said:

Welcome to my world.

I still like the wii. Graphically, it's not the best, far from it, really, but it still has some nice titles. Not so many coming out right now, but there are plenty of games that I've missed I want to go back and try.

I played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on my Wii via Genesis emulator a few days ago. I think that has been it other than my 5 year old playing Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Dr_Ackula said:
I played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on my Wii via Genesis emulator a few days ago. I think that has been it other than my 5 year old playing Kirby's Epic Yarn.

How....wait...you're Ackula. You don't need an excuse to explain how you got UMK3 on your Wii :)