Your idea of a perfect world? (gaming wise)

Joined Jul 2009
2K Posts | 0+
California
Sega would still be the console business
Viewtiful Joe 3 would be released
Shenmue 3 would be released
Maximo 3 Would be released
Wii would have better online
more EBA/Ouendan sequels

Anybody else wanting to share their idea? :)

Sega comes back and completely eliminates Sony from the console scene
Consoles are reliable as they used to be
Nintendo creates a new franchise that wows us like they used to
Western RPG's in the style of Morrowind are common
A video game never costs more than $60, no matter how old or rare {not including bonus editions}
All controllers are built as durable as xbox/360 controllers
No pirates/THIEFS, thus eliminating the need for SecuROM in PC games
No fees for online games, ever.
Vagrant Story 2

Sega would have a game console out this gen
360's Live would be free like it should be
NO FANBOYS
NO CONSOLE WARS
Wii had an achievement/trophy system
Headsets would come with PS3 systems

Strubes said:
Sega would have a game console out this gen
360's Live would be free like it should be
NO FANBOYS
NO CONSOLE WARS
Wii had an achievement/trophy system
Headsets would come with PS3 systems

is that really such a big deal? :lol i usually end up making up my own "achievements" if the game doesn't already have them, and i don't mean only the wii i also mean PSP/DS/ps2 (like brawl has challenges, dissidia has their own achievement system, mana khemia has the rumor system, and AW days of ruin has the badges, and TF2's achievements actually give you stuff) and usually i prefer that these "achievements" actually reward me with something other than "achievement unlocked", so i don't see why the wii (or other consoles for that matter) needs achievement/trophies for a perfect gaming world.

i don't mean to cause debate i am just curious to why achievements/trophies are such a big deal to some people, even though i usually go around getting as much juice as possible from my games by "100%ing" them i don't really see the importance of achievements.

Arcades make a comeback.
Sega becomes the giant in the gaming console market as they used to be.
A form of Game carts becomes the new format being made cheaper than DVDs
A new format is introduced that is better than DVDs, or Blu-ray and does not require any turning disc, or load time, or downloads. Something that is still tangible, you can hold it in your hands and that is collectible.

1. A "Final Fantasy" title so big that it requires 10 disks.
2. All new sealed game titles are the same price no matter where you shop.
3. EB Games reduces its used game prices to 60% of the new sealed titles.
4. Hard games like "Mega Man" and "Ninja Gaiden" come with a 30 day supply of Xanax.
5. All game load times are 3 seconds or less.
6. Difficulty adjustments for all games.
7. Finishing Moves in all fighting games,especially "Tekken".
8. Extensive replay value for every game on the planet.
9. Better stop here.Don't have enough space to list all thoughts. :lol

P.S. Good topic Snatcher.Very creative. :)

There would be 1 universal console. While Nintendo, Sony and M$ all develop for.
Arcades are back like they are in Japan
Arcade Cabinets are cheap as hell
Games are $10-20 cheaper.
Older games are easier to come by
Digital copies of games are cheaper than the physical copies

Zidart said:
is that really such a big deal? :lol i usually end up making up my own "achievements" if the game doesn't already have them, and i don't mean only the wii i also mean PSP/DS/ps2 (like brawl has challenges, dissidia has their own achievement system, mana khemia has the rumor system, and AW days of ruin has the badges, and TF2's achievements actually give you stuff) and usually i prefer that these "achievements" actually reward me with something other than "achievement unlocked", so i don't see why the wii (or other consoles for that matter) needs achievement/trophies for a perfect gaming world.

i don't mean to cause debate i am just curious to why achievements/trophies are such a big deal to some people, even though i usually go around getting as much juice as possible from my games by "100%ing" them i don't really see the importance of achievements.

It gives games replayability, and offers goals the player can try and achieve by playing the game non-linear.

Universal console

More RPGS similar to BioWare's dialouge system and story branch. (Seriously, I absolutely love that about those games. The way the story goes with your choices and how it affects you later...it's awesome)

Guitar Hero stopped after two or three games.

Much cheaper games/consoles

Easier access to downloadable games

Wireless internet for all consoles

A broader list of games for every console this gen, not just labels and games directed to a certain audience. (You know who you are...)

Strubes said:
It gives games replayability, and offers goals the player can try and achieve by playing the game non-linear.
That's why I keep going back to inFamous. I feel accomplished with every trophy I get. Almost the same case with Dragon Age.

GamingMaiden said:
More RPGS similar to BioWare's dialouge system and story branch. (Seriously, I absolutely love that about those games. The way the story goes with your choices and how it affects you later...it's awesome)

A broader list of games for every console this gen, not just labels and games directed to a certain audience. (You know who you are...)

Totally agree with these.

GamingMaiden said:
Universal console

Much cheaper games/consoles

Easier access to downloadable games

Wireless internet for all consoles

QFT
This wold make the world, a better, more peaceful place.