360 or PS3?

Joined Jul 2009
2K Posts | 0+
California
Alright so my friends is selling his 360 and he keeps trying to convince me to buy it. Well that got me thinking, maybe this is the year to buy a new system.

Things I'd like:
Good controller for fighters
wireless connection to router
good exclusives
region free games

Things i'm interested in for 360:
Castle Crashers
left 4 dead series
Xbox Live (never did try it on the first xbox other than at a friend's)

PS3:
Yakuza series
Heavy Rain
Blu-ray
best friend has one
backwards compatibility

So what would you guys recommend? :)

Well, new PS3's don't have backwards compatibility, and Castle Crashers is coming to PS3 very soon (like, possibly this month).

For what you like:

The PS3 D-Pad > 360 D-Pad.
PS3 has built-in wireless where as 360 has a $99 add-on to make it wireless.
Both consoles have great exclusives, and more to come.
PS3 is region free. 360 is not.

Plus, PS3 has free online and I've found it to be less buggy than Xbox Live. I have both, but right now I'm kinda sticking with the PS3. Not as many annoying brats play PSN too...

Honestly, you can't go wrong with whichever you choose. But considering what you're looking for, the PS3 seems to be the one.

alright I'm gonna go with PS3.

Next question is: Should I go with a 60Gig BC one? I see a 80Gig one for $200 should I go for that?

Well if he is offering you a good deal on the 360 you might as well get that and then just get a PS3 down the line. Best of both worlds.

Snatcher_L said:

Next question is: Should I go with a 60Gig BC one? I see a 80Gig one for $200 should I go for that?

I'd go with a BC model. Bare in mind you can easily change out a PS3 hard drive with any notebook drive.

x2 said:
Well if he is offering you a good deal on the 360 you might as well get that and then just get a PS3 down the line. Best of both worlds.
He's selling it for $150, I can probably get him to knock off $20 but I'd end up paying $100 more for a wireless connection to my router

Snatcher_L said:

If you have the money, I would say get the original BC PS3, but I would recommend the Slim just because it's possible that you might not even play PS2 games anymore once you get PS3 games.

If you have a PS2, get the bigger hard drive. If it's really a trouble to unplug one system and plug in another, get the BC one.

Found someone on Craigslist selling an 80GB backwards compatible PS3 with some extra stuff for a pretty good deal. Gonna meet up with him on Friday. :D

Snatcher_L said:
Found someone on Craigslist selling an 80GB backwards compatible PS3 with some extra stuff for a pretty good deal. Gonna meet up with him on Friday. :D

Congrats Snatcher. Let me know how that works out for you. And let me know your PSN name ASAP once you get it. :)

Heh got an awesome deal on the ps3 x3. My psn is Lu_boo if anyone is in interested :3