has anyone played the wonderswan?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
If so, is it any good?

What games have you played for it?

Just curious... please post up!

†B†V† :hat

I had a Swan Color, had to sell it no money at the time.

HAd both original Final Fantasy games, I struggled with the language a bit, trial and error, but they were impressive.

One Piece Grand Colluseum I had was real cool melee style fighter based on the anime, top game fo sho.

Also see Ultraman & Guilty Gear Petit...........some of the coolest games are in B&W too....G&G, Pocket Fighters etc.

I've never played it, but it's one of those systems I'd like to buy some day, just so I can say I own one and confuse the modern day Gen X gamer that doesn't know what's going on :lol

Baseley09 said:
I had a Swan Color, had to sell it no money at the time.

HAd both original Final Fantasy games, I struggled with the language a bit, trial and error, but they were impressive.

One Piece Grand Colluseum I had was real cool melee style fighter based on the anime, top game fo sho.

Also see Ultraman & Guilty Gear Petit...........some of the coolest games are in B&W too....G&G, Pocket Fighters etc.
I would have liked to try them out... but there is no way with the language... you know?

There were no US or English versions of games?

Thats one thing I wish companies would do (like SNK did)... is make their games translate automatically :lol or at least give us language options.

†B†V† :hat

I just purchased one, but I've played around with them using an emulator.

Wow! Talk about reviving a dead horse. :lol

I think the Wonder Swan and the Swan Crystal are great little portable systems. I only wished they had made it to the US just to have translations of the RPGs. The game library for the systems are loaded with RPGs. I have both systems. I have two of the Swan Crystal. A great final memorial to the legacy of Gunpei Yokoi. The only difficulty you will find is getting info on what games are playable for English speaking gamers. The following is my own list of games. If you have ever played the Digimon game for the GBA, it was ported from this system. And it is a whole lot better game playing it on the Swan Crystal. This is where Klonoa began. One Piece Swan Colosseum is my favorite game on this system.

Digimon Battle Spirit
Digimon Battle Spirit 1.5
Battle Spirit: Digimon Tamers
Digimon: Veedraman Verson (the only English game that I know-of for this system)

Buffers Evolution
Guilty Gear Petite 1
Guilty Gear Petite 2
Puyo Puyo
Puyo Puyo 2
Bust-A-Move
Klonoa: Moonlight Museum ( the first one)
One Piece Swan Colosseum
Lime Rider Keroikan (side scrolling to the beat of the music)
SD Gundam Operation UC (repetitive shooter action, leveling up for character)
Pocket Fighter
Gundam Seed ( is playable, but knowing Japanese would really add to the gaming experience. Just shooting action apart from that. Great graphics in this one! But if you have seen the movie then you do know what is going on.)
Final Fantasy II (Need to know Japanese to be able to get into the story and to play this game. I have played it along side the GBA port just to see the graphics on the Original FF2 Swan Crystal version of the game. They are great)
Digimon: Zero Two (it is an RPG and reading Japanese is a must know to get int the story.)

Worth picking up in my opinion. :)

Yes I have! I had the chance to play the B&W Wonderswan back in December last year! Funniest little portable device I've ever seen! Tiny lil ports for the memory card and runs on 1 AA Battery was the part that really impressed me the most. I played a Digimon game on it, I can't remember which, since it felt like the really old school portable pet Digimon.

I'd love to see the Ghost N Goblins game on it ^_^ I remember seeing Mega Man and Bass ported too!