FM Towns Marty FM Towns

Joined Oct 2004
133 Posts | 0+
London
Anyone here own the FM Towns Marty?

I really would love to get into this console but it seems to be about the hardest console to collect for. I mean..I haven't really looked around on the web too much..but in my casual glances I've only ever seen a handful of games for sale...and hardly any of the actual consoles?

Any views on the console??

wheelaa said:
Anyone here own the FM Towns Marty?

I really would love to get into this console but it seems to be about the hardest console to collect for. I mean..I haven't really looked around on the web too much..but in my casual glances I've only ever seen a handful of games for sale...and hardly any of the actual consoles?

Any views on the console??

I am actually working on hosting these in my store.

I wish I could get my buddy to the forums.  He knows a lot about the FM Towns MArty.
Arcade perfect ports of Splatterhouse, Ghouls N Ghosts, Raiden..etc.

Wheelaa, if you are looking for some rare game as splatterhouse.. my buddy is selling his collection. LMK and I could hook you up.  Be warned, prices can be high with Fm Towns Marty games.

His system is broke, that is why he is selling the items off. Somehow the game doesn't load or something like that anymore... but... I could work something out for the system if you wanted to give it a shot and maybe try to repair it.

BV :hat

Blue...PM sent.

:)

And the games can get very pricey for the fm towns. I finally got to play on one at the weekend and its pretty decent really. Splatterhouse is a great conversion.

well.. you have an email back to you :)

my buddy loved Raiden and splatterhouse on the system... there are a few good games, no?
If you need me to try to find you a system, I surely can try :)

†B†V† :hat

Ive been looking to get into FM Towns recently too, had a long standing fascination, now i'm older looks a possibility.

FYI there is no Ghouls & Ghosts on FM Towns, the system in general often gets mixed with the Sharpe X68000...........would like one of these too:D

Biggest problem seems to be with the floppy drives on the Marty console, i'm not sure if they are any more important than saving game though, would like to find out.

BTW Blu, whens the shop oppening??

Baseley09 said:
Biggest problem seems to be with the floppy drives on the Marty console, i'm not sure if they are any more important than saving game though, would like to find out.

Too right. Most of the systems I've seen have all been for sale due to a faulty floppy drive. Crazy.

And to answer your question the floppy is used for software, not just saving (in fact I don't know if it is used for saving at all). The fm towns is compatible with most of the Fujitsu line of computers, so it uses the 3.5" slot to play many of the games developed for these computers. The system's CD reader is used mainly to play games made specifically for FM Towns, although some computer software from the time also came in CD format and canbe used too.

Incidentally it was the first 32 bit console as well and there are 2 versions. One has a 386 processor. The other, known as the Marty 2, was just an upgrade with a 486 processsor.

Yeah what I wondered though is like for CD games, most of which come with a floppy for saving (i.e. Turbo Outrun) ........do you have to have the floppy to play the game??

Ive heard comments like "i dont have spare floppy atm so havnt tried the game"??

Baseley09 said:
Ive been looking to get into FM Towns recently too, had a long standing fascination, now i'm older looks a possibility.

FYI there is no Ghouls & Ghosts on FM Towns, the system in general often gets mixed with the Sharpe X68000...........would like one of these too:D

BTW Blu, whens the shop oppening??
do you mean online shop or retail front?

our temporary cart is here for now:
https://ssl3.chi.us.securedata.net/egameaddiction.com/merchantmanager

I am hoping no more than 3 months ... and we'll be to our final cart... with our custom design :)

So you never have been able to get to the site?

actually.... within 1 month... we should be to our "final" store. At least final for A LONG TIME.
Enough of this moving crap.... but it had to be done to get everything moving nicely.... at least nicer than it would have.

I am surprised there aren't more FM Towns fans.

I am hoping to get a decent FM towns package soon.

I've got a FM Towns Marty 1 coming from Japan. I can't wait 'til it gets here.

I picked up Puyo Puyo for it. I'd love to find the Raiden game you mentioned or Rocket Ranger.

And shortly after it gets here, I should be releasing a preview of my Frog Feast Game for it (http://www.game-shoppe.com/). I have a bootable CD that works with the UNZ emulator, and should work with the real thing. But, I'm working out a few bugs and weird stuff.

The FM Towns is one of the Japanese game systems that I remember from Japan (the X68000 and PC-98 computers are the others).

Well, I have an FM Towns version of Frog Feast on the Frog Feast website http://www.game-shoppe.com/. This is a very early version.

I haven't been able to test it on a real machine. If anyone can test it, please report your findings here.