Neo Geo Pocket How does NGPC games hold up today?

Joined Sep 2008
23 Posts | 0+
Specifically the fighters. Are games like SvC, KOFs, still holding up to games on the GBA like Street Fighter 2 and Alpha 3/ KOF Ex2 Neo Blood??

How about the Metal Slug games? As good as Metal Slug Advance?

Sonic Pocket Adventure holding up against Sonic Advance?

I don't have a NGPC, but am very interested in one.

I like mine. Although I had to pull the batteries out of it to power a DVD remote because I wanted to watch a movie. The games are nice. They do suffer a bit on graphics quality in comparison to console games. But who cares? Playing KoF on a NGPC on an airplane nets crazy retro gamer points with fellow passangers. :lol

I think they hold up quite well against the GBA titles. I have the specific titles, Final Fight One, Alpha 3, KOF Ex2 Howling Blood, KOF EX Neo Blood, & Guilty Gear X. I find the animation smoother and more fluid in the NGPC than in the KOF for the GBA. The GBA seems to have missing frames. The GBA is more colorful, which is very obvious when comparing the games. The choice is, do you want Chibi characters in your fighter or the traditional realism with detail. I think that the fighters on the NGPC are a lot more fun. If I want portable fighting I go for my NGPC with titles like, The Last Blade, Fatal Fury: First Contact, Samurai Shodown 2, King of Fighters R2, SNK vs Capcom: MOTM, & SNK Gals Fighters. You are not going to get that kind of fun out of the GBA. IMO the fighters on the GBA just don't stack up to the quality of fighters on the NGPC. So, I guess, its Chibi fighters for me.

As for the Metal Slug Advance, I was very disappointed in the GBA offering. It was just not Metal Slug to me. The Metal Slugs for the NGPC are traditional Neo Geo Metal Slug and that is what I like playing.

As for the Sonic game, I don't have Sonic Advance, so I can't compare the two. But the Sonic game on the NGPC is the traditional Sonic that all Sega gamers have enjoyed and loved. It is taken from the first Sonic games. It is fun and plays great even though it is not on a Sega system.

I assure you, that you will not be disappointed in a NGPC. :)

One thing is for sure, Card Fighters Clash is still excellent and the best game on the NGPC.

I'm still heartbroken over how bad CFC DS was.

First Blood said:
One thing is for sure, Card Fighters Clash is still excellent and the best game on the NGPC.

I'm still heartbroken over how bad CFC DS was.
welcome to the forums stylin and first blood!

yeah... Card Fighters Clash DS sucked! I don't know what was up with that.

I think the NGPC fighters do show age... I couldn't really get into them as much as others. The GBA versions (IMO) were definitely better.

The Metal Slug games on the NGPC were good, but they are not like the GBA Metal Slug... They are all good in their own right... but IMO Metal Slug GBA is very good.

Biomotor Unitron... love that game. It's probably my favorite NGPC game.

†B†V† :hat