My new toy

Joined Jul 2004
976 Posts | 1+
USA
Here is my new toy.... A consolized Neo-Geo MVS arcade board....
12130422.jpg

The details:
- JROK 3.1 S-Video/composite encoder inside
- Jameco PSU and power cable
- Unibios 2.0 installed
- Anti-static foam between the board and base
- Custom-cut smoke plexiglas base with 90 degree bend 1/4" perimeter with 1/4" rounded corners and filed lower edges.

As you can see it has stereo, composite, and s-video connections so you can play it on your TV, it also has UniBios 2.0 installed..which gives cheats, lets you play the games in arcade or home mode..plus alot more..
If it seems like I'm a show-off..its not that..just proud of my new baby :lol

If it seems like I'm a show-off..its not that..just proud of my new baby

Show off :lol :lol :lol

Seriously thought the thrill/rush of new toys is a wonderful thing and enjoy it to the max. I just got a naughty xbox and feel very much the same I imagine, but the less said the better.

wheelaa said:
Show off :lol :lol :lol

Seriously thought the thrill/rush of new toys is a wonderful thing and enjoy it to the max. I just got a naughty xbox and feel very much the same I imagine, but the less said the better.

I just sold my Xbox and used the cash to buy MVS carts :lol :lol :lol

How you liking yours though?

Wow looks great... thats the thingy i`m looking for.....
Did you make it yourself ?

Since most AES Cards are too expensive & i like the "feel" of playing Neo Geo Games with a original Neo Stick
I also switching from my modded Xbox back to MVS.... ( It may be great having all games on XBox HDD-
but since I`m just playing Slug 1 & 4 & Puzzle Bobble.... )

barneygumble said:
Wow looks great... thats the thingy i`m looking for.....
Did you make it yourself ?

Since most AES Cards are too expensive & i like the "feel" of playing Neo Geo Games with a original Neo Stick
I also switching from my modded Xbox back to MVS.... ( It may be great having all games on XBox HDD-
but since I`m just playing Slug 1 & 4 & Puzzle Bobble.... )

Nope, I bought if from a member of the forums at neo-geo.com .. D-lite. He builds and sells them to people. And please no talk of "teh romz" here if you don't mind ;)

If you want to get into MVS its going to cost you around $350 - $500 for a consolized unit, and more for a full cab. The NGCD may be a viable solution for you as well, if your wanting the "true" feel of the Neo games at a lower price.

That looks really cool!

Have you tried "closing" the unit? I mean, covering all the circuitry that is currently exposed, to make the MVS more protected and safe?

Since it's consolized you won't need to plug a supergun, so the jamma connector too can be covered.

Dr_Ackula said:
If you want to get into MVS its going to cost you around $350 - $500 for a consolized unit, and more for a full cab. The NGCD may be a viable solution for you as well, if your wanting the "true" feel of the Neo games at a lower price.

THe MVS-1 boards have been going for $60-$70 on EBay lately.

I just picked up a *broken* one for $15. It turned out that the SP1 rom/eprom had been replaced with a Z80. That could cause a little problem.
I ordered an EPROM (Actualy 2 for around $17 with shipping), I'll probably burn the universe bios. I imagine this should fix it, and I'll have a MVS board for less than $30. This was after paying over $70 for another one!

I finally got mine in an arcade cabinet. It's nice to play Neo Geo games on a cabinet. It seems to add something to the experience.

Very Nice! Wish my MVS looked like that (back when I had it) I still have a custom built arcade controller I made for it though. Im going to build a cable to use it with the Neo CD