Winback - Nintendo 64

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I simply love this game.

it was HANDS DOWN one of my favorites on the N64.

I know the ps2 version had better graphics, but I somewhat liked the foggy effects of winback on the N64... it added a spooky environment.... although it tended to get in the way of longer shots.

Who else has played this game?  who else likes it?

post up!

†B†V† :hat

this may be a dead topic but I LOVED THAT GAME. It was the first game for 64 that i saw u could put ur back against the wall. It was great!

I still have it, I believe. A very good game, kinda reminiscent of Metal Gear Solid's gameplay. Decent story too.

I heard it was a terrible game, but I never played it. But I can say, at least for its time, the first Winback was a good game.

i've always wanted to try winback
it has a lot of fog right? and are the controls as bad as some people say?

Abendigo said:
i've always wanted to try winback
it has a lot of fog right? and are the controls as bad as some people say?
Honestly... the controls weren't that bad. What did people ACTUALLY say? I am curious... I've never really heard complaints on the controls.

There is a lot of fog... more-so than the PS2 version.

IDK... I will be honest... in this game the fog is fitting for outdoor environments. Why? It just fit the mood of the game.

Anyone else dig this game? not like it?

I have a somber history with this game.

We rented it when it came out on the N64. We had a great time playing it that evening. It wasn't that bad of a game... however, I do remember complaining about not being able to jump (like every other decent FPS on the N64). That night, though, we found out that two of our good friends' dad (they were brothers) was killed earlier that day in the same basement we used to play in. I couldn't play the game after that -- I'm not one against violent video games, but hearing about something that disturbing, then getting on to shoot at humans... it set the wrong chord for the situation in my ten-year-old mind, if that makes sense.

I got over it quickly, but it stuck to the game. I played it again recently at a friend's house while we were bored, and it honestly creeped me out. Kind of like those things where you eat something, get sick, and never want to touch that food again, even if it wasn't the cause of your sickness.

Wow... that sucks. That sucks that happened to them... AND it sucks you can't play the game. That's a crappy lose-lose situation there, Kirby. Sorry to hear that!

Yeah... the lack of jump feature did stink a little... but I can see why they didn't have it in there. The style of game really didn't warrant the jump feature.