3DS- Where are the games??

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
Is it just my area? I look around and I still see the same smattering hand full of games as I saw last year during its first bunch of months after the system release. Or has the system been out longer than that? Has it been over a year already? I was thinking about picking this system up, but from the looks of the shelves in my area, there are not enough reasons to justify. I have picked up a system for one game before but it has been a while. And I already have Star Fox 64 for the N64. Is there still interest in this system? I am thinking that the Nintendo DS took off better than this. And DS games still dominate the store shelves in my area. And umm I am still purchasing them. :)

I don't know that I have ever waited this long to purchase a Nintendo portable, and I have them all except the DS lite. Someone encourage me. Are third party developers interested? Am I missing something? Am I being sheltered in the area in which I live? Daylight is being shipped in about once a month. :lol

I'm having a similar issue as retro. The good stuff seems to be mostly 1st party software and it comes few and far between. Everything else is filler crap not worth playing much less buying. I guess trying to find all the coins in super mario 3d land w/o a guide or faq is going to have to suffice for a while until they start cranking games out. I'm hoping this thing doesn't go the way of the virtual boy - I had high hopes for that machine too and it just wasn't supported by consumers or developers and is now pretty much a display piece in my collection.

Unfortunately most of the good games are still in Japan. Also, a lot of developers are still just pushing out DS games. :(

I'm hoping it will pick up next year as the install base for the 3DS gets larger from all of the kids who will get one for Christmas this year.

So, it's been over 6 months since the last post in this thread. The 3DS has become my favorite platform right now. I'm playing it more than my PC. The 3DS library is still not huge yet, but it's filling up nicely. And with E3 around the corner, there's only going to be more.

I'm personally looking forward to Smash Bros. news. If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo did hint that the 3DS will get a version.

Yeah, May/June has been good for the 3DS. Not only were there some solid retail releases, a lot of good games came out on the 3DS eshop. I picked up DKJR and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers last month, and this month has Animal Crossing and Project X Zone coming out. Additionally, they are STILL releasing DLC for Fire Emblem.

I finally did end up snatching up a 3DS XL. Love it. :) I have around 12 games. Skylanders, or Donkey Kong Country Returns, seems to stay in my system. (Maybe until I pick up New Leaf) I seem to be using my system mostly for video blogging on my Facebook page. The camera aspect of the system is a carry over from my DS XL. I seemed to use this a lot on that one too. Which really surprised me at the time. I am usually a "game only" sort of person when it comes to my game systems.

I'm still playing Animal Crossing, but I know next month when Pokemon X and Y come out, I'll be playing those for quite a bit. And I think November is when the Zelda game comes out.

August was brutal with all the releases on PC and console. So my 3DS has been neglected a bit. Once Zelda comes out though, then it'll get some lovin' back.

The game library is starting to get better. I finally went and bought a 3ds for myself. Target had the Mario and Luigi Dream Team bundled 3ds xl for 199 w/ a $40 or $50 free gift card so I bought it.