Nokia N-Gage N-Gage officially discontinued...

Joined Jun 2004
7K Posts | 0+
Indiana
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/25/1821242&tid=207&tid=215

Who saw that one coming?

It's a shame though, this thing just never had a chance.

For a system that is dead, there still seems to be a lot of games going around. I was at the Tucson mall a few weeks back, and I ventured into some hole-in-the-wall game shop, and stumbled onto a huge stack of N-Gage games. They were all $2 a piece.

I shoulda bought them, stuck them into a box and sell them in 20 years and make millions... :lol

Dart said:
For a system that is dead, there still seems to be a lot of games going around. I was at the Tucson mall a few weeks back, and I ventured into some hole-in-the-wall game shop, and stumbled onto a huge stack of N-Gage games. They were all $2 a piece.

I shoulda bought them, stuck them into a box and sell them in 20 years and make millions... :lol

They're going around cuz nobody wants them. :lol They just get pawned off to suckers.

These should be pretty cheap in the future... my question is for shops that resell them... HOW are they going to sell "systems" or the phones that play them in the future?

I mean... cell phones only last so long and all.. a lot of the games are REALLY cheap right now... and I'd think about hosting them in store... but man... I don't know how long they would sell due to limited "phones / systems" available... if you know what I mean.

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
These should be pretty cheap in the future... my question is for shops that resell them... HOW are they going to sell "systems" or the phones that play them in the future?

I mean... cell phones only last so long and all.. a lot of the games are REALLY cheap right now... and I'd think about hosting them in store... but man... I don't know how long they would sell due to limited "phones / systems" available... if you know what I mean.

†B†V† :hat

I think it can still be sold as a system and just say that the phone can no longer be activated.

I had no idea that it was even being made. I thought it died like 2 days after it was released. I mean, OMG. That was 3 years ago.

Bluevoodu, don't sell that thing, its horrible. It would just sit in the store and collect dust. Not worth your time and energy. It would be like you stocking playdough.

I noticed that post! I think I was the one that got BV to make this subsection of the forum... let me find the topic...

On a side note, I think Nokia has expressed interest in getting back into the handheld business.