We need a few news writers for the Game Addicts section

Status
Closed
Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Alrighty... we have 1 writer so far, BUT we could use a few more. Maybe 2-3 more for now.

Your Duties: To come up with 1-3 news stories (or more) per week on gaming news. It should be current... or you can discuss gaming issues.... present problems...etc. This would be something like IGN, and other gaming sites that report news. Breaking news would be great to cover as well. Hey... if you all can get interviews with companies... that would be a bonus.

I think you get the idea. IF you are interested.... and have time... drop a line here. IF you have questions, feel free to ask away.

Bv :hat

I think I could do it... interviews with companies isn't likely but I could write other news worthy articles.

Also, will the news writers have a place they can talk about what they are writing? So none of the writers turn in an article with the same information?

SpartanEvolved said:
I think I could do it... interviews with companies isn't likely but I could write other news worthy articles.

Also, will the news writers have a place they can talk about what they are writing? So none of the writers turn in an article with the same information?
Yes... there will be a writers forum to collaborate...etc.

Most likely... there could be a group working on 1 article... or each person can write their own article. The articles need to be well written... so we can MAYBE start establishing ourselves a bit as a news source. This would be taken "semi-seriously" ... if you know what I mean. Not slacking, but not like a newspaper job either :lol

Right now I'm just focusing on one a week, which is do-able. You don't have to make a huge write-up or anything like that. If you see a news story that catches your eye or makes you think then crank out a couple paragraphs and that's really all you need.

This would be greatly helpful. If the writers could even maybe do some brainstorming together, and talk about different news stories they heard of but weren't interested in, I think everyone involved would benefit a lot. It would be nice to collaborate with others, get feedback, get ideas, and the like.

ThisNameIsCreative said:
Are you looking for serious writing,BV?Besides in school,I've never written anything serious,so I'm curious?
I would like for them to be more serious.... think of articles published on sites such as ign, egm, sponge...etc.

They need to be 100% unique.... BUT can be based off other works you see. Just make sure to site and reference... BUT NEVER plagiarize.

BV :hat

Bumping this up... please post up if you have an interest.

SO FAR... we have 1.

These positions are in ADDITION to the reviewes / codes / faq and other content writers.... just an fiy.

Post it up :)

I can write for you if you need. I got an A on a short story for English last year.....

Manson2 said:
I can write for you if you need.  I got an A on a short story for English last year.....
please submit a sample of your writing to me via pm :)

†B†V† :hat

:lol aleeock... only post up IF you want to join up :)

@ DBP - send me a sample via pm :)

For those who haven't noticed, there is a new development groups forum specifically for writers. Forgetting that all non-moderated members (or as I like to call them, morlocks) couldn't post up in there, I went ahead and made a post thinking everyone could see it. Anyway, after finding my error I decided to post part of it here:

We are definitely interested in getting more people writing for the site. My first article is up and is an example of what you could do as a writer for the game addicts (http://www.egameaddiction.com/gameaddicts/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=186&Itemid=2). However, the idea is to get many different opinions and styles going, so if you think your stuff would be quite a bit different that's a good thing. Also, I'm sure there are some people out there that read my article and thought "I could do better." and if you are one of those people there's no reason you shouldn't be writing for this site (as well as giving me advice on what I could do better). There may also be one or two people that read my article and thought it was leagues ahead of theirs, to those people I would say you're flat out wrong, and would encourage you to submit something here so the other writers could read it, and even help you out if you needed it.

So if there is anyone interested in writing for the site by all means throw out an article or two. As writers for game addicts we can bring up fresh ideas, get some positive feedback, and challenge ourselves to provide some unique and insightful articles about videogames on the internet. Creativity is the name of the game, there are no bad ideas, the more ideas put forth the better. So feel free to post up anything you want, and have some fun while you do it.

yeah... it would be ideal if we could get 3-4 more writers to work on topics..etc.

But hey... we'd settle for just 1 additional helper :)

Bluevoodu said:
Your Duties:  To come up with 1-3 news stories (or more) per week on gaming news.  It should be current...  or you can discuss gaming issues.... present problems...etc.  This would be something like IGN, and other gaming sites that report news.  Breaking news would be great to cover as well.  Hey... if you all can get interviews with companies... that would be a bonus.

You forgot to add - Pro Nintendo/Anti-Sony stories

Nephlabobo said:
You forgot to add - Pro Nintendo/Anti-Sony stories
Hey... Nephs back.

Keep it clean... or the seven day will become full time.

Status
Closed