Claymore discussion

Well the current popular theory about Raki is
that he's dragging Priscilla along with him to find Clare because he's hoping Clare can help Priscilla out before she reaches her limits. Raki, after all, has seen Clare awaken and then come back, twice. So he probably thinks that Clare can teach Priscilla the same thing. Unfortunately, Raki has no idea of the history between Clare and Priscilla, so I see Raki being disappointed in the end.

Mai Valentine said:
Well the current popular theory about Raki is
that he's dragging Priscilla along with him to find Clare because he's hoping Clare can help Priscilla out before she reaches her limits. Raki, after all, has seen Clare awaken and then come back, twice. So he probably thinks that Clare can teach Priscilla the same thing. Unfortunately, Raki has no idea of the history between Clare and Priscilla, so I see Raki being disappointed in the end.

i agree with that, he is just very innocent and naive and knows nothing about their relantionship or the world of the Claymore and Yoma

Yeah I can't wait for that epic battle.

I can just see Clare and Priscilla going fully awakened and Raki going O_O WTH

Raki: But, why, Clare?
Clare: This is the monster that killed Teresa.
Raki: Teresa? Who's Teresa?

I do feel really bad for Raki. It's like Teresa said when she first "got" Clare: It's like having a pet! He's been used against Clare before and I can sort of see it happening again. As violent as it is, and as many characters get killed off horribly, I can't see it ending well for a human boy, even if he's been dragged around for 7 years being trained by the Awakened Ones for whatever ... their amusement or something....

My dad once had a HUGE fish that he had to feed smaller fish to, and it had this one little fish that for some reason it didn't want to eat, it was just his little toy or pet or something, that he never ate. I have a feeling Raki is that little fish.

Ok, so chapter 85 isn't out yet, but I can tell you what I know about it so far from looking at the raws and reading fan summaries.

-Clare, Yuma, and Cynthia decide to ignore Riful for the moment and keep going west.
-The story switches to Helen and Deneve, who help the current #8 Claymore defeat an awakened.

I expect that the scanlation should be up soon at Onemanga.

Claymore is monthly. The most recent chapter is already up. But it wasn't a very exciting chapter, unless you're an Isley fan.

I had to restart this series again because apparently, I don't remember much. :lol

The dubbed version is great. You can really get used to Raki's voice. At first I was annoyed but it's actually fitting after a while. Teresa sounds awesome in the dub and Clare's voice is nice to listen to. Really impressed with the dub so far. ^_^

Luci Christian actually did a really awesome job with Ophelia. I was very pleased upon hearing it. ^_^

Also, Chapter 89 - Impossible Dream, is up on onemanga.

It's an epic chapter.

Isley gets killed.
Alicia and Beth (translated as Bess for some reason) are sent to the west to deal with Riful.
I don't think the Org knows about Riful's frankenstein (aka the Raphaela and Luciella fusion). Boy are they in for a surprise.

I predict Alicia being the next Abyssal to die.

I grabbed the first 5 eps of this the other day with me birthday cash 9almost got the overart box holder, but needed the extra ten for other stuff), THIS ANIME ROCKS!

Any idea when the next volume is due out?

I don't know what the releases are like in Australia. But over here in the US they seem to be releasing one anime volume a month, and the first 4 out of 6 volumes are already out. I imagine by June it should be completed.

Chapter 91 is up for those following the manga.

Stirrings of Awakening

Not much fighting, but a lot of plot stuff in this chapter. It just makes me want the next chapter even more. :lol

Aw, common!!! I have't seen anything past the first DVD yet. :(... bugger it, I'm going onto madman and locating it now!!

Uh-oh, this topic is full of spoilers and the old spoiler code isn't working. :?

Well there has been lots of stuff in Claymore since the last few posts. We're up to chapter 122 now! Hard to summarize in a few sentences, but I think "they're still fighting" sums it up. :lol