Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Mai Valentine said:
I finally got around to beating this great game! I loved the final dungeon and the final boss. Great stuff.

If Zelda 2005 is related in any way to WW, I really can't wait to see what Zelda 2005 has in store. I mean the possibilities that the ending of WW left for the next Zelda... :eek:

To anyone who has also beaten WW, doesn't the end make you think there's some kind of "Sword in the Stone" storyline waiting to happen? :lol
I know this is an old post... but you know, I really did enjoy Wind Waker. I was SOOOO ticked off when I 1st saw how the graphics were going to be.

Once they finished Wind Waker, and I played it... the game played like a dream, and the graphics were very good. I love the game... for whatever reason, I dig the sailing aspect. I know a lot of people hated it because it became tedious... but I thought sailing aspect was great.

†B†V† :hat

Well they fixed a lot of the tediousness of sailing in Phantom Hourglass (DS), which is a sequel of sorts to Wind Waker. In Phantom Hourglass they let you upgrade the ship, and you had a teleportation system through golden frogs that made it easier to get around.

On another note...a friend of mine made an awesome AMV of OoT and Wind Waker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYZ8hJgUYpA

fhqwhgads said:
You had Ballad of Gales in Wind Waker, that had about eight locations to teleport to.

Yeah, but I think the frogs are easier, since you just have to draw symbols. I don't know, though, it's been a long time since I played Wind Waker. I might have to play through it again sometime.

Quite A Contrast

If any,
What features of "Zelda:Wind Waker" do you like as opposed to other Zelda Titles?I'm very interested to know.

Peace be with you,
MR.KAZ 4:8

Re: Quite A Contrast

Tough to say. I personally liked the story quite a bit, and the graphics were a fresh new taste.

I will say, though, that sailing got quite boring after a while. If they had sped it somehow, or put more land areas in, it wouldn't have been so bad. Hell, they could've at least made it so that going to the top of the map looped you around to the bottom.

I liked the new form of transportation, and the new ocean theme in general. It was quite fresh when compared to the stale fields of past Zelda games.

I'm going to have to say that besides it being cel-shaded, I did also enjoy going to the X spots and hauling up treasure. It was quite enjoyable, and I was happy that they kept that in Phantom Hourglass (sequel to Wind Waker).

I know a lot of folks detested the sailing, but I loved the feeling of exploring such a big, wide-open world.

Re: Wind Waker

Nope, unless you count throwing bait for the map fish.

http://www.egameaddiction.com/forums/index.php?topic=1284.0

How many people really ended up becoming fans of the Wind Waker serious? be honest.

I was EXTREMELY harsh on this game till I played it and was amazed... I have no other way to state it... I seriously was amazed.

†B†V† :hat

Yep same here, Zi. OOT, MM, and then WW. It's just an amazing game and oddly enough, the graphics that were so harshly criticized ended up being one of the biggest highlights of the game. It's just so incredibly fluid and the lighting effects are like nothing I had or have seen since. And the thing is, long after the game is outdated, the graphics will stand the test of time. Only complaints were that it was too short, and I would have liked a few bigger land masses to explore.

x2 said:
Yep same here, Zi. OOT, MM, and then WW. It's just an amazing game and oddly enough, the graphics that were so harshly criticized ended up being one of the biggest highlights of the game. It's just so incredibly fluid and the lighting effects are like nothing I had or have seen since. And the thing is, long after the game is outdated, the graphics will stand the test of time. Only complaints were that it was too short, and I would have liked a few bigger land masses to explore.

i totally agree the graphics and style are still a sight to look at.

Wind Waker was one of those games that it took me a long time to beat, but when I did I was really happy with it overall. It just didn't grab me initially like I was expecting it to. Maybe I just need to stop overhyping Zelda games for myself and just enjoy them.