Neo Geo CD Which NGCD game did you play most recently?

Joined Jan 2009
113 Posts | 0+
Red Earth
hi everyone. thought this could be a good topic that we could keep updated to see what everybody is playing :D

i know some of you are in the process of both playing and writing reviews for the site too.

the most recent NGCD game i played was the one i most recently purchased: Alpha Mission 2 or as it's Japanese name is known ASO II. it's a pretty good overhead shooter and i definitely recommend it :) it's also one of the earlier Neo Geo games released and i think it holds up pretty well.

I've been playing around with several lately trying to get a handle on which will be my next review. I seem to be focused right now on "East of Eden" and "Double Dragon." Not saying that either one of those will be my review, they are just getting my game-on right now. :)

Played a few rounds of KOF 96 yesterday, and some Pulstar today.

I suck at Pulstar, just throwing it out there haha

Most recently I played "Neo Turf Masters" on NGCD. It's one of my favourite games, which will be loaded at least 1 time per week...

But most exactly and carefully I played "The Super Spy", as I draw a map of this game long time ago with all secrets, rooms, enemies, all level up's... but definitely not my favourite game... :)

I hate Last Hope coming from England this week, hopefully tomorrow, so that is gonna be my next play.

Some Last Resort last night

playing some Baseball Stars 2 and Viewpoint. havent turned on my NGCD in a few days so i thought i'd warm it up and play some games :)

damn customs is holding up my Last Hope. It got to NYC on the 28th, now its the 2nd, still no game! Customs is cock blocking my NGCD play session this weekend

Most Recently has been Magical Drop 2. This game seems way too chaotic and random versus the more structured Puzzle Bobble.

cool. i've been wanting to try a magical drop game. i havent had the chance yet.

most recently i got Metal Slug 2 and i'm going to say straight out that it is amazing. i have Metal Slug and really like it, but Metal Slug 2 seems to do absolutely everything right. the pacing is perfect, the graphics/animations are incredible, the variety is bumped up with new vehicles and 2 new characters. i mean honestly, i thought Metal Slug was really good but Metal Slug 2 is definitely my favorite. i can't believe i've been missing out on MS2 for all these years since it was released. simply an amazing game in every respect.

Last Hope - On stage 5, but stuck

Last Blade

the NGCD has been getting solid play lately, mostly cause I find myself unemployed! I get a game in between resumes and walking the dog

I have been gaming a lot in the last 5-6 weeks since quitting my job :) Time well spent! Looks like I'll have another 6 weeks until I get a new job. It's been a nice break.

Most recent Neo Geo CD game is Super Sidekicks 2. This is my first Soccer game I have put any time into. So far it's fun enough, having a hard time scoring though :-\

I simply just haven't had a lot of time on my hands this past month! aagh! What games that I have been able to squeeze in have been Double Dragon (brutal) and Samurai Spirits 2. I keep coming back to SS 2, such an amazingly fun, well designed game. I just can't stop playing. Must.... put..... down..... now,...... the yard is....... becoming....... a jungle.

"kgenthe" quitting your job and playing games? :lol Sounds good, but not practical for me. I have my whole family depending on me for income. And I have just accepted a new position at work.

Last Blade last night.

The loading isnt half bad if you turn 'Demo Cut' on. Completely bearable

Been playing Samuri Shodown 2 lots lately. I love the games presentation. The animation is wonderful and I love the sound effects of clashing blades, traditional music and that slashing sound you always hear in Japanese games/films.

Great game every way but the load time sucks! Not worsts one in the console but still. But this why I got AES version and it rocks! My favourite of those older fighting games.

i've been playing Baseball Stars 2 a lot with a friend and we play a best of 7 series with each new teams we pick. really great fun but he likes it more than me so i usually play even when i dont feel like it :p.

ISODee said:
Great game every way but the load time sucks! Not worsts one in the console but still. But this why I got AES version and it rocks! My favourite of those older fighting games.

Haha the loads arent that bad! Only 20 seconds before each fight. I can tolerate it though as I haven't played the AES version. You should try KoF'98...about 45 secs before each fight and 15secs to load each fighter!