Game Addicts' Gaming PC specifications

Status
Closed
I dig the wave design too. I haven't gotten one yet, but the Comfort Wave looks like it might be pretty nice.

Ordered the rest of my liquid cooling parts, will definitely post up here with pictures and such when I make the diamond thermal paste and hook everything up. I'm really excited.

I got lota PCs

PC #1 Dell Demension XPS 2003

2048 MB DDR1
Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
Radeon X1600 AGP
350 GB HDD SATA
Sound Blaster Audigy II
Windows XP SP3
Linux with 2.6.27 and KDE 3.5.10 (May be OpenSuse 11.1?)

PC #2 self-built

AMD Sempron 2.0 GHz
Radeon 9800 XT (from the Dell Demension XPS)
1 GB DDR
60 GB HDD SATA
Linux with 2.6.27 and KDE 3.5.10 (May be OpenSuse 11.1?)

PC #3 Systemax Hellcat

Fedora 12 RC, KDE 4.3.2, kernel 2.6.31
Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Geforce 8800 GTX
1 TB SATA
300 GB SATA Slave
850 W CoolerMaster
Viewsonic 19"

PC #4 Systemax Tigershark

Fedora 12 RC, KDE 4.3.2, kernel 2.6.31
Core 2 QX6700
Sync Master 220 VM 21"
Geforce GTX 280 SLI
1 TB HDD SATA
XION Power Real 1000-Watt Power Supply

Other things I am proud of

4410 AotuV Vorbis b5 collection for Linux.

Not too game rig savvy,but here's what I have,sounds like you guys know what to look for so maybe you can tell me how it serves up?.

pavillion m1090n media center xppro/sp3
pentium 4 3.6ghz
3.0gb ram
Nivida 7950gt
(New) Thermalite blackwindow 550w psu
creative sound blaster audigy 2zs

Due to the new psu,can anyone suggest a better graphics card?Only have 1 pcie slot.

Oddly enough, only my main system is a custom system built by me under my company name. The rest are all prebuilts.

Main System: Orion

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC @ 3.0GHz Zalman CNPS8500
Mobo: DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R
Video Card: VisionTek Radeon HD 4850 512MB Zalman VF1000
Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Platinum
Case: ThermalTake Armor Xaser VA8000B
RAM: Muskin Black 4GB (2x2GB) XP2-6400 4-4-4-12
Power Supply: Corsair 620HX
HDDs: Seagate 320GB, 400GB, 750GB, 1.5TB, 1.5TB SATA & 250 GB USB2
Optical: Plextor PX-716SA/SW DVD-RW SATA
Monitors: Samsung SyncMaster 225BW 22" & 941BW 19" widscreen LCDs
Speakers: Klipsch Pro Media 2.1

This system is about to be retired for a core i7 with 8GB of Ram and some more hard drive storage. These components will be used in my upcoming home theater PC build.

Orion.jpg

Orion%20Up%20Close.jpg

Internals%201.jpg

Internals%202.jpg

Orion%20Monitors.jpg

Orion%20Desktop.jpg

Backup System: Apollo

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 1GHz
Mobo: A Open Generic
Video Card: nVidia GeForce FX5900
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
Case: Cooler Master Centurion Blue/Black
RAM: Samsung Original 512MB 2-2-2-4
Power Supply: Enlight 300 WATT
HDD: Seagate 120GB
Optical: Dell DVD-Rom/CD-RW
Monitor: Hanns G HW173D 17" Widesceen
Speakers: Could use some suggestions, need to be upgraded.

This a system I use for some slightly older games that don't play well in Vista/7 or on newer hardware. Games like the first Max Payne or Age of Mytholigies and Moto Racer. It was a system I bought from an old job for $25. It was branded as an A Open computer. I rebuilt it with a better looking case, better PSU, better memory, bigger/faster HDD, CD burner/DVD rom, Zip drive, black floppy, better sound card, and video card. I think the only thing I kept was the mobo and processor.

Apollo.jpg

Internals%203.jpg

Apollo%20Desktop.jpg

The DOS Box:

CPU: Intel Pentium I 133MHz
Mobo: Generic
Video Card: Cirrus Logic 2MB
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16
Case: Packard Bell
RAM: 48MB SIMMS
Power Supply: Generic
HDD: Seagate 2.1GB
Optical: Generic 4x CD-Rom
Monitor: Hanns G HW173D 17" Widescreen
Speakers: Also need to be upgraded

This thing was my first computer back in 1995. I keep it around for one purpose alone and that's for playing my old DOS games. No emulation, just pure unadulterated DOS. Since I have a lot of DOS games and spare parts up the butt it just seems logical. The computer against the wall is a customer's system that they can't pay for and it's not worth anything to sell. Also, there's nothing like playing old DOS games in widescreen!

DOS%20Box.jpg

Doom%20In%20Widescreen.jpg

Other than that I have three other desktops and my laptop that aren't worth mentioning.

Nice setups! I love the mention of Moto Racer. That was a great game on older OS systems!

I also dig the tropical poster and bamboo. Very nice office setups!

Grindspine said:
Nice setups! I love the mention of Moto Racer. That was a great game on older OS systems!

I also dig the tropical poster and bamboo. Very nice office setups!

Thanks man! I loved Moto Racer. It was the reason I bought the PIII in the first place. I found out it didn't like my AMD XP3200 going from my PIII 550. Then I found the other games having a lot of issues. That was a great $25 bucks I spent for that.

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory:
6132MB RAM

Hard Drive:
734 GB

Video Card:
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family :p (If anyone wants to donate a old graphics card I'd would be one happy camper!)

Monitor:
Dell S1909WX 19" Widescreen

Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001)

So my motherboard died on my HTPC last week. Ordered a new one along with a better case. The new motherboard is pretty sweet. It has an integrated ATI Radeon 4200 HD which outputs both Audio and Video through HDMI.

The case I bought was a Cooler Master Elite 341 m-ATX Mini Tower Case. Much better with a smaller form factor than the original eMachines case.

Cooler Master Elite 341:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KUV2BK/ref=oss_T15_product

Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Micro ATX Motherboard:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HJ2CA8/ref=oss_T15_product

Love that case! My very first build was with a Cooler Master case and it's still the best one I've used. They make great cases.

x2 said:
Love that case! My very first build was with a Cooler Master case and it's still the best one I've used. They make great cases.

They do make great cases, but this one is OK. I do love the smaller form factor, but the build quality seemed a little cheap on this one. But then again, I didn't spend that much, so I got what I paid for. It was quite a pain to put everything together compared to my Antec Nine Hundred, but again, I didn't spend $80 like I did with that one. Their top of the line stuff is one of the best line-up of cases.

The one I used was the "Centurion 5" case. I think it was around $50 at the time I got it. Really nice case and I hated parting with that one!

I just ordered some parts to upgrade the main system.

MSI P55-GD80 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX.

Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156.

Mushkin Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20.

ZALMAN CNPS9900 NT 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler.

Then I decided to take the MOBO, RAM, CPU, and HSF from that and build an HTPC and retire the 360.

Zalman-HD503-Desktop-ATX-Black.jpg

MSI R4350-MD512H Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP.

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX.

PLEXTOR Black BD Combo SATA.

Turtle Beach RIVIERA 5.1 Channels PCI.

GELID Solutions FN-FW08-20-B 80mm.

GELID Solutions FN-FW12-15-B 120mm.

Then I needed a new TV for the HTPC and an HD receiver from DirecTV.

Samsung LN40B550 40" LCD:

51k91Ja7htL._SS400_.jpg

DirectTV H23 HDTV Receiver.

Grindspine said:
I still love the blue glow on the Zalman 8700 heatsinks.

Yeah, I'm going to miss it as the new one is green. They have one listed in blue but nobody has it for sale. :(

Polygon said:

That Zalman case is NICE. That'll look great in a home theater system.

I take it you're retiring your 360 since you use it for home theater apps more than games?

I was going to get the HD501, but no I/R receiver. I am keeping the 360 as do play games on it, just retiring it as the media center.

Polygon said:
I was going to get the HD501, but no I/R receiver. I am keeping the 360 as do play games on it, just retiring it as the media center.

Don't know how you were able to use the 360 as a Media Center. I tried, but stopped after a day. Not flexible enough. Either way, that's a nice system you built there.

Also, were you planning to hyperlink your post? They don't seem to go anywhere.

CreepinDeth said:
Don't know how you were able to use the 360 as a Media Center. I tried, but stopped after a day. Not flexible enough. Either way, that's a nice system you built there.

Also, were you planning to hyperlink your post? They don't seem to go anywhere.

Thanks!

Well, considering I went to the 360 from a MediaGate it was a huge step forward. But yeah, I've been suffering through it. In fact I just don't listed to a lot of my different music on my main stereo right now because of the crappy navigation. I've just been waiting to buy an upgraded to the main system so I could build it. Plus, I had to buy the new TV. All in all, I spent way more money than I should have, but I can't take it anymore. :lol

EDIT: I fixed the hyperlinks.

Well, it's that time again, time for a new build! Don't have much so far, just my samsung dvd burner, sound card, and I just ordered a Corsair 400 Watt PSU :D I am probably just going to go with an AM3 system, but I am not sure yet. I do have a question, though. How important do you guys think dual channel memory is? I ask because to save some money I might just buy a single stick of RAM for now just to get up and running, and then add more later. I'd buy the same sticks down the line, but I know sometimes they change chips so dual channel might not work. I've done a little reading and opinions seem to be pretty mixed.

Status
Closed