Neo Geo CD My Neo Game Of the Day!

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
Just thought there needed to be a thread dealing with, maybe what you are playing and a comment. Maybe a weekend marathon or a ::D crazy day in gaming on the NGcd. To start the ball rolling,

Samurai Spirits 2 was on my list today. It has been a while since I have picked this one up. Cham Cham is usually a problem for me, but today it was Earthquake that pounded me into a continue. Got to the “end guy” and I was humiliated by being used as a mop to clean his floor. Such fun. :)

I was using Jubei, my favorite character of the series.

I also was messing around with Last Resort as always. Playing Last Resort, With a question on my lips, “why does easy have to be so hard?” Only in a Neo Geo game, ha! But then again that is what makes it so challenging, I guess.

GOOD topic :D

:lol Samurai Spirits 2 is a pretty hard game. The 1st Samurai Shodown was very hard as well... I remember it took me awhile to beat the game on Normal. :lol I was really ticked because I was pretty good at fighters back then :) Still one of the best games / series I've ever played.

I think this topic is a good idea. Any idea on how we should execute it?

I have been playing Neo Turf Masters. I happened to buy this on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console though... I haven't been able to find the game as of late in a decent condition... and I refuse to use Ebay anymore :lol

†B†V† :hat

Re: My Neo Game Of the Day! What are you playing?

Bluevoodu said:
GOOD topic :D

:lol Samurai Spirits 2 is a pretty hard game. The 1st Samurai Shodown was very hard as well... I remember it took me awhile to beat the game on Normal. :lol I was really ticked because I was pretty good at fighters back then :) Still one of the best games / series I've ever played.

I think this topic is a good idea. Any idea on how we should execute it?

I have been playing Neo Turf Masters. I happened to buy this on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console though... I haven't been able to find the game as of late in a decent condition... and I refuse to use Ebay anymore :lol

The topic is really just a place to discuss what you are presently playing. Where others can comment about it. Maybe a focal point for those who pass by and still play Neo Geo CD games. Unless one feels there is a real need to have a topic dedicated to a single game. But usually when I play, it is two or three Neo games that I pull out and have a go at. You fell right in line with your comment in what I meant for this thread to be about.

I wished I could get a hold of Turf Masters for my NGcd. I have to be content with my Neo Pocket version for now. And yeah, SS2 is a very hard game. That last stage guy? You might as well just lay down and let him stomp as much as he wants to, just get it over with fast. :lol

edit: And as slow as it seems around this area, I might end up double and triple posting a time or two. :lol

I am stilll playing Neo Turf Masters... I am not sure why... but the game is pretty fun. Old Arcade golf. They need one of these at BDubs... or something like that!

BV :hat

I am actually glued to Zelda Link's Awakening for the Game Boy right now (played on the TV with a Super Game Boy). I beat the game twice as a kid back in the day and it's been a blast revisiting this. It actually makes me want to track down A Link to the Past which I have never played. So that will probably be next. Still love the NGCD... just goes in spurts :)

I started off playing Last Blade on my Neo Pocket Color and ended up on the NGcd playing Last Blade. :D
Akari has become my character of choice. :) Love using her, I find her so amusing. It ended with Zantetsu being my undoing. He whipped the daylights out of me in the 6th stage. Was a good game. ::D

I have been playing KOf 96 and 2003, Stakes Winner and soon going to plug CD system to tv to try out the ADK world... soon as it arrives.

I finally beat Flying Power Disc (Windjammers)! Although on easy... still can't beat it on normal. Tough game, fun though, and excellent controls.

It has been a very satisfying Neo Geo day. I started out with View Point. I've been playing that one off and on all week. Lately I have been finding it somewhat addicting. I guess it is the challenge. Next I spent some time with Samurai Spirits, the first one. Got myself beat to a pulp in that one. Then I pretty much spent the rest of the day with Last Blade. And for the first time I beat the game, wOOt. I confess that it was on easy. I have mostly been using Akari, because I find the antics so amusing. After today I feel that she has been the wrong character all along. Zantetsu is my man. He carried me all the way through. It is so impressive when it comes to the tight responsiveness in character control and gameplay of a neo game. I also went on ebay and picked up Last Blade 2. Spotted Savage Reign real cheap, so had to grab it up too. ::D

Got Savage Reign out of my mailbox today. First impressions? Ummm.... I'm not sure about the character designs in this fighter. Not sure if they really work here. I do like some of the ideas going on with the interaction with the background. Hanging and kicking lanterns down on to your opponent is kind of fun. Needed more of this type of stuff in each level other than just being able to go up to a different platform. At this point I really don't know how balanced this game really is. I understand that this is supposed to be a weapons based fighter, but I am not sure at this point if all of the elements work for me. I will need to spend more time this weekend with this one, which will be hard if Last Blade 2 shows up in my mailbox before then. I'm not saying that I don't like this, it is just so........ different. :)

Aaaugh! I got my Last Blade 2 today. Now I will probably not spend the time I was planning with Savage Reign. Or maybe try to divide the time? Hmmm.... “ First Impression's" Anyway, I now, with this game, understand the loadtime complaints. The horrendous loadtime!! I understand that they had to make some adjustments for the CD based system, but wow what a pain. If you turn off the demo mode you miss so much of the frills of the game, and with it turned on, you feel the pain of the loadtime. It feels so...chopped up. If I had the AES system, I would probably not be able to afford this game, so looking at it from that perspective, I am satisfied. Love this game. Such tight precision control, wonderful animation, love the character design, and the remastered orchestrated sound tract make this a gem to own. This is one of those games where the total package is a work of art. 8)

Yeah I know, I'm double posting. It's not like someone will notice right away in this section of the forums. Maybe in a month or two when someone happens to run through? ::D Yeah right, like that's going to happen. :lol

edit: Day Two- I am surprised how quickly I have gotten over the initial loadtime shock. I have moved on and am enjoying this game. The pleasure of Last Blade 2 really is worth the wait. What other choice do I have? It's not like I can scream at the NGCD to hurry up. Yeah, like that's going to help.

When I used to own LB2 I was content with the loading time to be honest. Even though I owned the MVS cart, I still played the CD version more often. The arranged soundtrack, for one thing, made it a much more enjoyable experience.

However, once the Dreamcast port came out, I really couldn't see any reason to play the Neo-Geo CD version anymore, because it had the beautiful arranged soundtrack, and hardly any loading time.

It's been a NGCD game day! I started with Fatal Fury Special, it was so brutal for me. Then KOF 97 was better. But it was Last Blade II that really was the Icing on the cake.

Been a really fun time here. Arcade retro gaming is where the thrill is at! :D

My NeoGeo game of the day is 'Neo Drift Out'.

I love how it is essentially Micro Machines impersonating Sega Rally, yet it somehow retains the great qualities of each of those titles.

Viciously addictive, so much so, that I am going back to playing it. :)

Started off my humiliation today with LAST RESORT. Got so blown away, but it was fun. Next I dove into LAST BLADE 2. Found today very challenging. Couldn't get past stage 7. Used Akari and I felt like a baseball. I was so beaten by that guy. The word pulp comes to mind. I think there was only a grease spot on the floor after he was through.
Next came Samurai Shodown 2. Jubei is my favorite character to use and Cham Cham kicked my ........... Ouch!! Too many times I was on the edge of losing it on my lifebar fighting against each character only to make the win in the last breath of life. Finally Gen-an got me in the eleventh stage. :mad:

“Retro having a baaaad day” -in a female Japanese voice.

Still I have had a great NGCD day. It has been fun. SS 2 has been my game of the day. :)

I went through a warm up period with Last Resort. I wished that game was more friendly to single payer mode. I seems that game was designed for two players. It is so brutal, yet fun.
My game of the day was Fatal Fury Special. Gave up on stage 13 against the Matador. He whipped my back side good. I haven't played this one in a while. Love the stages with all the animation. Never could figure out the deal with the chickens in the background. Still pretty neat. Very well put together package. I had a tough time with Big Bear and that little short old man in the green pajammas. I used Billy as my fighter. It was a good arcade moment today. ;)

I managed to get in some Neo Geo gaming today. Got in the middle Sengoku 2 and had a lot of fun with it. Closed out the gaming session with SS 1.

Good stuff. Sad that the system has been forgotten among the present generation of gaming.

I had another Neo Geo session today. It started with Sengoku 2. Went all the way through that game. KOF 97 was next, followed by Double Dragon. Then I got into Sonic Wings 2. Ended everything with Last Blade 2. Got stomped in that one for some reason. Off day I guess. :)

retro junkie said:
I had another Neo Geo session today. It started with Sengoku 2. Went all the way through that game. KOF 97 was next, followed by Double Dragon. Then I got into Sonic Wings 2. Ended everything with Last Blade 2. Got stomped in that one for some reason. Off day I guess. :)

Wow... the Neo Geo CD theme is messed up... I can't wait to get this forum software updated.. It is taking forever and there is a lot of back work to get it done... /endsidenoterant

You know what I found yesterday?? my Neo Geo Fan Club Pin :lol Ah... the good old days. AND... I ended up playing a little Neo Turf Masters 2 days ago :D

Neo Turf Masters is my favorite golf game on any system.

Wow two people in the Neo Geo forums! Things are heating up! :lol