NGP Discussion Thread

Re: PSP 2 CONFIRMED & Playstation Suite application for Android Phones!

CreepinDeth said:
Well boo to you good sir! :D

Let's please not get personal with this. Thank you. :)

I think it's more of the way you stated it. You stated it as if it was a fact that they're just as good. Either way, yes it is debatable. I think a better word would be Subjective.

my last post could have been summed up with the word "subjective" but alas i didn't think of it when i was posting.

but my bad my intention was to say that "for some people it might be just as good"

To the topic at hand, I'm interested in seeing what becomes of this and how much I have to set aside. So far I have $100 on it. Took the $50 from my 3DS preorder and another $50 and tacked that on to it. If you budget your money, it won't be as expensive as the numbers would indicate. For example, putting $20-$50 a month away until the console away can feel like nothing, and you'll have enough for it before you know it.

Strubes said:
To the topic at hand, I'm interested in seeing what becomes of this and how much I have to set aside. So far I have $100 on it. Took the $50 from my 3DS preorder and another $50 and tacked that on to it. If you budget your money, it won't be as expensive as the numbers would indicate. For example, putting $20-$50 a month away until the console away can feel like nothing, and you'll have enough for it before you know it.

that's kind of why I was hoping the PSP2's release is very very far away from the 3DS's because i have already gotten enough money for the 3DS and I gotta start chipping in for the PSP2.

I will say the mystery price point in the only thing that is making me cautious. I'm gonna have to say that 300 US dollars is my drop off point. I'm even kind of throwing my "early adopters get screwed" mentality to the wind for this if the price is right.

Zidart said:
that's kind of why I was hoping the PSP2's release is very very far away from the 3DS's because i have already gotten enough money for the 3DS and I gotta start chipping in for the PSP2.

I'm going to guess that it will come to the US next year. Sony has expressed that it will release the NGP in one territory this year, which I'm guessing, will be Japan.

So, does anyone have a explanation of the Playstation Suite App for Android?

So far, the PlayStation suite app is there to distribute PS1 games to your phone and PSP2. I'm sure eventually it will have other types of apps too.

CreepinDeth said:
So far, the PlayStation suite app is there to distribute PS1 games to your phone and PSP2. I'm sure eventually it will have other types of apps too.

Is this only for the Playstation phone or other Android capable phones/tablets.

They haven't announced anything about the PSP phone. The suite is only for android phones right now but it's highly possible that the PSP phone will also be capable of using it.

NGP will launch...THIS YEAR!

Ditching the disc format? Smart move.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/03/ngp-games-will-come-on-2gb-and-4gb-cards-with-room-for-save-dat/

Re: NGP games will be on cards ranging between 2GB and 4GB

i think its a so-so move. i would have to see it on the market for at least 2-3 months before i could say for sure.

NGP will launch...THIS YEAR!

No need to fear! Sony's NGP is still on the way for a 2011 launch!

http://www.videogamer.com/news/2011_us_ngp_launch_confirmed.html

Re: NGP will launch...THIS YEAR!

From a pure hardware glance and everything it does, I'd pay $300 for it. $350 tops. There's going to be two models released once it launches, however. One with wi-fi and the other without it, I believe.

Crap... I was really hoping for a release date next year. I don't think I am ready for NGP and I am even less ready for its possible high price

Strubes said:
From a pure hardware glance and everything it does, I'd pay $300 for it. $350 tops. There's going to be two models released once it launches, however. One with wi-fi and the other without it, I believe.

why would they make such a thing?

MegaDrive20XX said:

I hope you are kidding.... paying $250 for the 3DS was a bit of a stretch paying $300 for this will be ok but anything higher than that??? we'll I'll still buy it but it will require extra hours of work >_> because honestly... i can't deny I really want NGP as much as I wanted my 3DS so all I have left to do is to hope the price is right.

Isn't it going to work like a phone? So it would work either wifi or 3G?

I don't know if it will be $499. The technology can't be that expensive. $499 is what the PS3 originally came out as, isn't it? That's too much for a handheld.

I'd say they'll try to keep it around $300 to $350 range.

She said take a bet :lol Honestly with all the junk they're adding? $350 tops.