Neo Geo Pocket A backlight?

Joined Feb 2005
716 Posts | 0+
I heard there was a company in Canada that would put a backlight in the NGPC. Does anyone know any information about this? I'm considering getting a system...and a backlight would make my decision much easier :)

Its actually a frontlight mod. It puts a small light right at the bottom of the screen. I cannot think of the name of the site that does it..I'll look around and get back to ya. I cannot comment on how good it is because both my NGPC's are unmodded.

Its not really nessacary unless you plan on playing in total darkness, the screen is very reflective and easy to see in normal light.

Dr_Ackula said:
Its actually a frontlight mod. It puts a small light right at the bottom of the screen. I cannot think of the name of the site that does it..I'll look around and get back to ya. I cannot comment on how good it is because both my NGPC's are unmodded.

Its not really nessacary unless you plan on playing in total darkness, the screen is very reflective and easy to see in normal light.
I know the GBA's is called an after burner... did they make the same thing for the NGPC?

and I thought this mod left a gap somewhere on the screen or something like that. Maybe I am wrong.... but can you confirm or deny that?

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
I know the GBA's is called an after burner... did they make the same thing for the NGPC?

and I thought this mod left a gap somewhere on the screen or something like that. Maybe I am wrong.... but can you confirm or deny that?

†B†V† :hat

I'm not sure if its the Afterburner kit or not..seems that it may be...

And yes it does leave a gap at the bottom of the screen, I have seen pics....thats the main reason I never wanted the mod done myself.

Its none too great tbh..its just like the gba sp..when the light is on the colours just don't look right.

I had a modded ngpc a while back but got rid of it as it just isn't the same. Now if there was a better mod.....

Personally, I see no need for a light on the NGPC. It's clear enough with the reflective face. That is unless one wants to play it in the dark.

exactly... it has one of the best (if not best) non-backlit screens I have seen...

So reflective..... GBA... you should have learned from that....  That NGPC screen totally outclassed the GBA screen... even though the GBA screen had a higher resolution.  I couldn't wait for the SP because the GBA was hard to play .... just too dark.

Bv :hat

This would be handy at times. For instance while travelling recently in a car I wanted to play at night but could not etc. however I agree frontlighting does kind of suck I had an SP that was frontlit but its still better than nothing and I believe mashmods includes an on off switch and light adjuster etc. he hasn't called me back though about getting mine done