Sega 32X 32X to Genesis Interface cable

Joined May 2006
2 Posts | 0+
I was wondering if anyone had one of these cables? It connects the 32x to a sega genesis. If anyone has one they are willing to part with please post or if anyone knows where to get one. Anything will be helpful. Thanks.

Good luck man, they are always hard to come by these days, and depends on which Genesis you have...if it's a Genesis 1...expect to pay $20-25....if its a Genesis 2...$10-15

I am willing to bet that you can find one on eBay. I did a quick search, and although I'm not 100% sure I know what youre looking for, I think I saw a few on eBay.

mastermario said:
I am willing to bet that you can find one on eBay.  I did a quick search, and although I'm not 100% sure I know what youre looking for, I think I saw a few on eBay.

The genesis 1 cables are hard to find.

very doubtful if they are on Ebay.... AND Megadrives price estimates were a bit conservative :) I've seen them go $30-40 before.
Thought, I've seen them @ $2530 as well...

Bv :hat

Thanks guys for your help I actually found one on another forum I go to we did a trade and I gave him $5 for shipping. It was for a Genesis Model 2.

Thanks again and Ill make sure to come here when I can't get an item I need or assistance with something. :)

Darkkiller922 said:
Thanks guys for your help I actually found one on another forum I go to we did a trade and I gave him $5 for shipping. It was for a Genesis Model 2.

Thanks again and Ill make sure to come here when I can't get an item I need or assistance with something. :)
well... yeah... Genesis model 2 is a pretty cheap cable :)

The model 1 is hard to get.

Glad you have that solved .. AND... we hope to see you around :)

Bv :hat

Are you referring to the very short like 3 inch cable that hooks the Genesis to the 32X or Sega CD?

They all use pretty standard DIN connectors. It would not be hard at all to make one with knowledge of the pinout.

rossdh said:
They all use pretty standard DIN connectors. It would not be hard at all to make one with knowledge of the pinout.

I'm thinking a trip to Radioshack, a case of Monster and a late night soldiering the lines together.

Or at least that's what I was planning so I could mate my 32X with my Genny 1.

Both Radioshack and Frys are good places to check for connector parts. Frys has more if you have one of those around. If they don't have it, you may need to order online.

rossdh said:
Both Radioshack and Frys are good places to check for connector parts. Frys has more if you have one of those around. If they don't have it, you may need to order online.
I'd be surprised if any place has the same connector needed. They were very hard to find. I wonder if I could contract to get one made... but that would be rather expensive.

†B†V† :hat

http://www.geocities.com/sonic412781/32xcable.pdf

Too bad I don't have a 32x myself, but I could definately make the cable if the parts are standard. It just takes some time and a calm mind ;-)