Metal Slug 3 - Neo Geo AES (Who has beat the game)?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I am curious who has beat this game. I have the 1st run Japanese Metal Slug 3 Neo Geo AES game.... and I cannot seem to beat this game for the life of me. I can get to the last stage and all.. but never finish it off. My wife's brother and I have tried together as well... and we cannot take it down using the normal 5 credits or whatever it is.

I've beat every Metal Slug game I have owned and played... but this one.

Anyone else frustrated with that? Regardless of the frustration... it's a killer game! AND I love playing it every time. I never have got bored of it.

†B†V† :hat

This game is a doozy to beat. I can't even come close to finishing this one with 1 credit. I have the AES version also and I feel like a wimp, but sometimes when Im' not up to too much of a challenge I'll even put it on EASY mode just to blaze through the entire game so I can see the ending, and I'll still use up most of my 5 credits! For some reason I'm not good at this game. I can hold my own at MS5 though.

I think the first time I beat it, I had died and then just used my 2nd controller to get 5 more lives and continue on to beat it. It has been a while since I played the NGH Version. My kids always play the Xbox Version.

neogeofl said:
I think the first time I beat it, I had died and then just used my 2nd controller to get 5 more lives and continue on to beat it.  It has been a while since I played the NGH Version.  My kids always play the Xbox Version.
That's a way to do it :lol I just don't feel right beating a game without playing it through the right way.

I play the NGH version as well...

I heard the Xbox version is ridiculously hard as well... when you die you start at the beginning of the level?

Bv :hat

Rocky said:
Not when you die, but when you continue.
yeah... I see... but that is still very hard! :lol

That also takes away from the arcade "element" to the Metal Slug 3 game, no?

†B†V† :hat

Yeah I guess so. I get the feeling though that most X-box owners will just download the MS3 rom and play that instead. I'm not sure how many people have their xbox modded, but it seems like virtually every owner that is active in online gaming forums has one.

8man said:
I have played and beaten all the AES Slugs many times,
including the Atomiswave version (Metal Slug 6).

You are right!!
Metal Slug 3 is the hardest to beat.

That's one of the reasons I have 8 copies of Metal Slug 3!!

8man
SO... does that mean you like Metal Slug 6 best? You know... I have not played Metal Slug 6... I haven't seen it in the arcades and I don't have an Atomiswave.

Metal Slug 6 looks pretty good. I have yet to play Metal Slug 4 and 5 beyond 10 minutes each. I had a few of each (used) come through the store and I got to try them out... but I haven't had to cash to drop on them. I guess I'll get my chance on the Wii... Metal Slug 1-5 compilation.

BV :hat

No, I don't like Metal Slug 6 the best.
(I would buy Metal Slug 6, just for the Last Level)

It probably ranks somewhere in between Metal Slug 4 and 5.

The Last Level is right in there with Metal Slug 1, 3 and X.