Sega of Japan wishes to stop production of the GD-ROM discs! Help!

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
It is nearly certain that Sega of Japan plans to discontinue production of GD-ROM media in February, 2007. This media is used almost exclusively by the Sega Dreamcast home console, and the NAOMI arcade system. By stopping production, future official games (licensed by Sega) on the Dreamcast or NAOMI will not be possible.

To help put a stop to this, this petition link below will tell Sega, that you still want other companies to make Dreamcast games

http://dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/GDROMproductionpetition

Head on over to Dreamcast-Scene using the link above to find out ways you can help stop this from happening and ensure that future titles come to the Dreamcast and NAOMI arcade board.

So, please pass the word, I don't want DC dying again, especially after the release of their last import!

How would this stop other companies from making games for the dreamcast? And what new dreamcast release has been released lately? or is even planned?

lesley said:
How would this stop other companies from making games for the dreamcast? And what new dreamcast release has been released lately? or is even planned?

"Last Hope" is the last DC game in development currently....but even this may hurt independent companies who wish to continue this, for homebrewed projects.

All this will do is force developers to use different ways of getting games on the DC. This will however be the end of official games supported by sega and of course the end of the GDrom so its a shame and I signed the petition though I doubt it will help