Game Addicts' Gaming PC specifications

Status
Closed
Joined Jun 2004
3K Posts | 0+
Indiana
I did not see a thread for gaming PC rigs that the forum members have (though I didn't look very hard). It's about time we start one!

My business turned gaming PC

Dell Vostro 200 business mini tower computer
Rosewill 630 watt E-80 efficiency rated power supply
Foxconn G33 motherboard
4x 1GB DDR2 800 dual channel PNY XLR8 low latency memory (4-4-4-12)
Intel e7200 Core 2 Duo processor overclocked from 2.53 ghz to 3.16 ghz, 1333 front side bus by a BSEL mod
Zalman 8700 NT CPU cooler with Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound
SilenX 92mm exhaust fan

Optiarc 16x DVDRW optical drive
Samsung floppy disc drive
Western Digital Velociraptor 10,000 rpm SATA II hard drive

Soundblaster X-fi Titanium PCIe x1 soundcard out to Bose Companion desktop speakers or Logitech gaming headset
XFX nVidia 8800GT Alpha Dog edition graphics card 512mb DDR3 ram, clocked to 640 mhz core, 1900 mhz memory
Thermalright HR-11 high rise back side VGA heatsink
Silverstone PCI vented slot covers

Vostro200modded.jpg

Vostro200moddedback.jpg

Wow that's insane man! Mine is only a light gaming rig for now, I need a new GFX card amongst other things!

Gigabyte GA-MA69G S3-H motherboard
Athlon X2 4000+ CPU at 2.9Ghz {stock cooler, had a nice arctic cooling one but died}
2x1Gb Mushkin DDR2-800 RAM {can't remember speeds but it's good stuff}
SIIG PCI 7.1 sound card
Fortron Source 500watt PSU
LG Sata DVD burner
40Gb WD IDE HDD as main and a 80Gb WD Sata HDD as storage {Windows XP home}
using the integrated ATI X1250 for now. lame, I know :-\

I don't know quite as much about my computer but I do know...

It has
8GB Ram DDR2
Asus P5K
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.00 GHz
a 600 or 750 PSU ( I think)
20X LiteOn DVD
512MB nVidia GFX Card
2X500Gb HD
1X 250GB HD

And thats about all I know,

As well as an Antec 900 Case with an additional fan on the perspex

Not too shabby so far!

I need to post some more pics, especially with the rig turned on so all the blue lights are glowing...

I also need to try this Crucial Ballistix RAM that Bluevoodu is having me check out.
---------------------------

I forgot to list my peripherals:

Samsung Syncmaster 740n 17" LED monitor - 5ms response time

Logitech Elite cordless keyboard
Logitech G5 gaming laser mouse

HP Deskjet 932C color printer

And also plugged into my Bose desktop speakers (in the second input set) is my Kurzweil synth. I still need to get a USB to MIDI converter to get it hooked into my computer though.

More pictures to come when I have time!!

I don't have a gaming rig, but I do have an e-machines PC that I converted into my Home Theater PC.

eMachines model #ET1161-01 Replaced motherboard and Case. No longer qualifies as an eMachine system.

Upgrades:

Cooler Master Elite 341 m-ATX Mini Tower Case Black
PC Power & Cooling 500W PSU
Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Micro ATX Motherboard
AMD Athlon™ X2 dual-core processor 4050e 2.1 GHz
LG Blu-ray player GBC-H20L
Generic 4GB DDR2 PC2-8500
nVidia 9400 GT <- Is now a spare card.
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 6000

Here's my everyday PC specs -

eMachines model #ET1161-07

Upgrades:

PNY Nvidia Quadro FX 580 Workstation Graphics card
AMD X2 64 6000+ 3.1 GHz
Antec Nine Hundred case
Antec EarthWatts 500W PSU
Kingston HyperX T1 Series 4GB DDR2 PC2-8500
Microsoft Wireless 4000

x2 said:
Sweet power supply, Creepin :)

Thanks. I heard great things about these PSU's and it turns out their right. Really good quality. Although, for this machine I should have gone with another PSU. Mostly because it barely fits in the stock case. Might eventually transfer everything to my Antec Nine Hundred case. Just don't know what to do with the integrated card reader that comes attached to the e-machines case. Anyone have any ideas?

Yea, they are great quality and one of the best you can buy. Granted it meets your future power demands, it should last you the rest of your life. I'm not sure about the card reader thing, though. {actually not even sure what it is :-[}

x2 said:
Yea, they are great quality and one of the best you can buy. Granted it meets your future power demands, it should last you the rest of your life. I'm not sure about the card reader thing, though. {actually not even sure what it is :-[}

Oh it's just a reader that reads SD cards and such. It's just that this one is molded to fit the case.

Here's the link to my case: http://emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ET1161-05

It's in the middle of the case.

I get mine from Cooler Master and Ultra.....as long as you aircan spray the inners than it'd last you teh life of the computer. My other ones are run-of-the-mill PSUs, but never ever had power failure from them.

I have a Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4 GB DDR2, Geforce GTX 280 SLI, 1 TB HDD, 1000 watt Ultra, Windows 7 beta and I do homework, but I'm a four time honor-role student. I have a custom built one with a Cooler Master 650 Watt.

So I just swapped out the case and am now using my Antec Nine Hundred case and added a 500W Antec EarthWatts PSU. My CPU temps dropped literally 6 degrees celsius. My RMClock Temp monitor is saying 3 degrees celsius at idle, but most likely around 10. It used to be 10 at idle. Not bad!

Going to do the same for my HTPC with another case that I have that provides more cooling.

I'm still waiting for Bluevoodu and Spartanevolved to post their gaming rigs. I've seen both of their gaming laptops, but don't know the specs on either...

I borrowed my girlfriend's laptop to do some LAN gaming last week...besides being Vista and having some out of date drivers, it did okay. Granted, I had my trusty G7 gaming mouse plugged into it as well...

:lol I'll post mine up now. Mind you, this is a laptop, and it's VERY good for gaming at the moment.

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.66 GHz
3070 MB RAM
NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
17 inch monitor with 1440 x 900 resolution (not bad for a laptop I think)
Plus a Copperhead

Q6600 @ 3.2GHz, working on getting 3.6GHz stable
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Sapphire 4870X2
GA-P35-DS3R
1.5TB + 300GB hard drives
Win 7 Ultimate x64
24" 1920x1200 monitor
PhysX card

Have part of a liquid cooling loop, need the rest of the parts before I can set it up and go for some massive overclocking.

SpartanEvolved said:
:lol I'll post mine up now. Mind you, this is a laptop, and it's VERY good for gaming at the moment.

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.66 GHz
3070 MB RAM
NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
17 inch monitor with 1440 x 900 resolution (not bad for a laptop I think)
Plus a Copperhead

A GeForce 8800GTS... They make a mobile version?

I'd really like to pop a solid state drive in my girlfriend's laptop. I think it's probably the single best upgrade for a mobile computer considering the advantages:

zero spin-up time and negligable seek time = speed
lower power consumption = longer battery life
solid state design = better shock absorbtion
no moving parts = lower heat output

I'm just waiting for prices on SS drives to drop before attempting that upgrade.

My new lappy:
4gigs of DDR2 Ram
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.13
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS
15.6" Widescreen @ 1366x768
320GB Harddrive + 500 GB XHD

Yeah, they have a mobile. I bought the laptop in January 2008, so I dunno if you could still find one, but they DID make them.

Hmm... Managed to get 3.6GHz relatively easy (after swapping my B3 Q6600 with my friend's G0), now I just need ludicrous amounts of voltage to hit 4.0...

I just need to beat my friend. He and I have been running a 3DMark bench-a-thon for the past.... 7? years now and he's finally taken the lead in Vantage thanks to his GTX 280 doing all the PhysX work that his processor should be doing....

This thread so needs more pictures.

I forgot to take my camera to a little LAN party last night... I'll have to remedy that next time. Besides, I remember hearing someone say something about a rematch was in order.

Status
Closed