Dissidia: Duodecim Final Fantasy 012 (March 3rd in Japan. America: unknown)

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/dissidia-duodecim-demo-unlocks-aerith-assistant-in-full-game/

Recently announced for dissidia are *drum rolls*

the white mage/monk hybrid Prishe from FFXI

Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy V

and as an assist trophy only...Aerith

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/03/dissidia_broadcast/

Newest character released....has totally blown my mind. Name is Desperado Chaos, a playable form of chaos and it has my newest favorite EX burst in the game. All I gotta say I was expecting just another character from another game but never did I remotely imagined they would make Chaos playable

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/12/final-fantasy-4-complete-collections-cards-and-costumes/

Pre-order bonus includes a little extra for your future Final Fantasy purchase...

Not only that people. Dissidia duodecim Prologus comes out this tuesday in America

So who all ended up getting this game? I'm curious as to what you think of it.

I'm contemplating getting it.

I got it. And I gotta say at first I was disappointed until I saw the sheer amount of content and things to do in this game post story mode.

The game is really not that different from Dissidia at first, the only major differences in strategy comes from assists, new characters, new balances and new moves. But it still follows the typical strategies of the first game.

That is until you beat story mode and you unlock scenario 000 that's where the game became a completely different experience for me. See Dissidia duodecim allows you to change the rules of the game itself to your advantage. For example increasing the amount of EX force you get, or increasing the damage of critical hits, the awesome thing about all of this is to be able to play around with the rules and come up with a strategy where you can take advantage of all of them.

but that was not all. The new mode, the labyrinth is an incredibly deep mode where you play a mini-game like the original's duel colisseum except that you cannot bring your gear into the labyrinth, you have to arm yourself with whatever you can find in it and fight enemies with equal or higher power than you. It changed the whole idea of the duel coliseum where you just went there with super high gear to defeat enemies and changes it into something you have to use skill to defeat this enemies, and prioritize the kind of gear you need.

also the game's multiplayer got a upgrade when it comes to options, and balances so that you can be fair with other people who are lower level than you it allows other people to spectate while 2 players are fighting which helps when playing with friends.

overall I do recommend this game if you are a final fantasy fan or you just want to play an easy to learn fighting game. But you have to be willing to play around with the rules if you don't want the game to kick you in the butt with its high difficulty spike in scenario 000

Is there any disadvantage to only playing through with a couple of characters? Like if I only wanted to play Lightning, Tifa, and maybe a handful of others. Is there some benefit that I won't get that I would if I used every character?

Mai Valentine said:
Is there any disadvantage to only playing through with a couple of characters? Like if I only wanted to play Lightning, Tifa, and maybe a handful of others. Is there some benefit that I won't get that I would if I used every character?

yes and no.

Story mode for the first 2 scenarios (the new scenario and the old scenario) does force you to play with certain characters but you won't be using them for more than a dozen of levels.... at most until level 20

however for every other scenario parties consist of 5 characters. and even on the hardest scenarios or modes they give you the ability to pick your 5 character party. Of course you would miss out on some achievements but that's probably it.

I would suggest if you got familiar with every character since controls for all characters are basically the same. But it is not necessary.

i dont see what the big deal about Final Fantasy XIII coming out on the 360 in Japan is!

so what? i mean game makers are just like everyone else, sometimes they break their promises!