No signal to monitor?

Status
Closed
Joined Jan 2010
4K Posts | 0+
Northern AL
Built a PC today, it appears to boot up fine, but it won't connect to ANY monitor. I've tried 3.
I've tried swapping the video cards out, the one I just bought is a ATI Radeon HD 4650. I tried putting my 5770 in it, but I still had the same problem.
I tried using 4 different sticks of RAM, still nothing.
I tried changing where the standoffs were placed on the motherboard, and it doesn't appear to have done anything.

If anyone could help out, that would be amazing. There's a guy wanting to buy it from me, and I'm going on vacation on the 2nd. :/

Ran over it again, the CPU wasn't fastened well. *facepalm*

OH, not with a desktop. But I've done it a few times with a laptop there they use a screw you turn to lock them in.

ah, yeah. I'm thinking about building a laptop this summer. How different and how much harder is it than building a desktop.

I would say most people would have a tough time assembling one. However, it only takes me about 20 minutes to put one back together. The hard part is finding parts and finding parts that work together. Like a system board to fit the case you want. Personally, I wouldn't suggest building a laptop. You'll end up with a crappier laptop. All the ones I've seen were garbage. Just get a pre-built laptop. You just have to know what brand to get.

Ah, okay. I dont really need one, I just thought it would be cool to learn.

In that case, I would pick up a used laptop that is broken for cheap and practice taking it apart and putting it back together.

Status
Closed