Nintendo Power- Last Issue

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
Picked mine up today. :)

NP-last_one.gif

I will have to say that this is one nostalgic issue. Those who are avid fans will thumb through this last issue and cry like crazy. (If you are one, better pick up an extra) If you was going to keep one issue of NP this would be the one. You get a poster with a stamp size cover of 300 issues of (I'm not sure if it is every issue, looks too small) NP which looks cool.
There is a count down, starting with number 285, of NP all time favorite games. Then there is the "Great Moments" in NP starting with 1988 and moving forward. Great stuff here, and the magazine ends with Wii U game reviews. End of an era in video game magazines.
I just wish they would continue with some sort-of digital magazine. I guess they figure, if you have a Wii U or a 3DS then they can send you the content in the form of demos and video.
The face of gaming is changing and this marks the end of an era in "video gaming magazines." Something that used to be part of the experience.

edit: I wanted to use a different term like s-o-b in the place of cry but it kept replacing it with idiot. Go figure. :?

Ha ha gotta love the word sensor. It probably replaces that because of what s o b can stand for.

That being said, I'm definitely going to pick this issue up. Looks like something any Nintendo fan would have in their collection.

Hmmm it is hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that it has actually been three years since the last issue of Nintendo Power. I used to pick this magazine up. Magazine concerning video games have become a thing of the past for me. I never even think about them any more. At one time it was so much a part of the gaming experience for me. Now I occasionally reminisce about those good times, but I don't really miss it in my current gaming. It seems to me it was a part of that point in gaming history.

Lamenting the loss of things like Nintendo Power and Club Nintendo make me feel old. There's so much that's changed and at some point I've stopped changing with the landscape.

I miss game magazines. I still have a bunch of my Dreamcast ones laying around. You guys should check out Retro Magazine. They don't have a lot of issues out and I think it's only quarterly but I think it'd be up your guys' alleys

$25 for six issues... is it worth it?

Don't get me wrong, 4 and some change each is comic book price so its not outrageous I'm just used to a 20 - 25 dollar monthly distribution for a magazine.

targetrasp said:
$25 for six issues... is it worth it?

Don't get me wrong, 4 and some change each is comic book price so its not outrageous I'm just used to a 20 - 25 dollar monthly distribution for a magazine.
I actually haven't subscribed, not that I don't want to but I just keep putting it off... I only bought the River City Ransom one so far since I'm a huge fan but the entire magazine is a good read and I would say it would be worth subscribing to. Good if you're interested in indie stuff and older games as they have some pretty in depth stuff.
I'd say it looks like it's worth it as the issues do actually do a good job of retaining their value and it's really a by fans for fans kind of deal. It is kind of pricey but since they are honestly catering to a niche crowd they do need the extra cash they charge.
I know awhile back they had a discount price to subscribe so maybe keep an eye out for that as well.

there's a 200 page compilation out right now for 19.99 from retro magazine that looks like it'd be worth it... I may pick it up soon