Author Topic: I just impulse bought a playstation tv  (Read 4214 times)

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • View Profile
I just impulse bought a playstation tv
« on: June 27, 2015, 01:34:31 AM »
Doing some birthday shopping for my son I happen to look around and find the pstv on sale for half price. It was father's day a few days ago and that little turkey being born so close to it always steals my thunder so I convinced myself. I honestly have no idea what i'm going to do with it or why I even have it because I have no vita library nor do I have a ps4 (still waiting for that awesome bundle and batman just didn't do it and I missed the slick white destiny one). It'll be just another device on my network until I figure out what I want to use it for. This thing is pretty neat though, its about the size of a cell phone.
?

Offline CreepinDeth

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I just impulse bought a playstation tv
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 02:22:33 AM »
Congrats!

I've thought about it and I saw on sale once for $30. But I'm going to wait for more content to appear. PSN is having a flash sale this weekend, maybe they'll be something there for you.

Offline retro junkie

• Night Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Pieces of Me
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:42:06 AM »
Just be aware, if you decide to pick up a Vita game, that not every game is compatible with the pstv. Check online lists first. I think that I might pick one up if the price is sweet. But I have not seen any around locally. The only thing that I have seen is the Sony Blu-ray player that streams PS3 games.
There is no spoon.

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:01:26 PM »
a blu ray that streams ps3 games for $40 would be pretty awesome, but I'm betting its something that's priced where itd be just as feasible to buy another ps3.
?

Offline CreepinDeth

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 08:27:58 PM »
There will be TVs that will have PSN on them and you can play games up to the PS3. They'll probably start showing up in early 2016.

Offline retro junkie

• Night Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Pieces of Me
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 05:59:30 AM »
That Blu Ray player is only $89. Where a new PS3 would run close to $200. I would not want one but I do see that player maybe fitting some lifestyles.
There is no spoon.

Offline retro junkie

• Night Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Pieces of Me
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 06:59:15 PM »
I am seeing the Playstation TV going for about $30 on ebay. Is there a reason for this price drop? Is it worth the $30 price tag?
There is no spoon.

Offline CreepinDeth

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 11:05:01 PM »
I don't think it sold well and the game support is fairly limited. Oh and the TV part is fairly limited too from what I remember.

I say, if you can get a new one for $30, that's a good deal.

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
I turned mine on once or twice, maybe when I hook the ps4 I got the kids for Christmas up and or get some vita games mine will get more use but for now I've not touched it.
?

Offline retro junkie

• Night Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Pieces of Me
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 06:46:08 PM »
Whatever Sony's intent for this hardware, I guess this has turned into more of a peripheral for the Vita owners. While most reviewers on the net seem to consider the Vita a failure, the PS TV would only limp far behind. Only been available here in US for a year and tanking early. It has always appeared that Sony never has really known how to market a portable.
There is no spoon.

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
which make collecting on the psp cheap! I've got 3 or 4 psp's now, tons of games and a lot of the movies and I've not spent much at all. I'll find them at yard sales for 20ish in great shape, 50 got me a star wars psp with a ton of games.

The controls layout starts to make my hands sore after a while (games like god of war especially) so for pure playing Nintendo anything handheld is better, but collecting wise its much more reasonable.
?