Gargantia on the verdurous planet

Joined Jul 2004
1K Posts | 1+
Bmount
Gargantia on the verdurous planet is on Netflix right now and is pretty good. I watched all 13 episodes in 4 days. It's great for those that like anime but don't want to get sucked into a sprawling episodic opera like Naruto or One Piece. Theres enough mecha for fans of that but the story is more than just action, it has a pretty good crisis of conscience without getting preachy (the second robotech comes to mind here) and touches on all the things that make anime more than just mindless cartoons (honor, duty, relationships, sacrifice, choice and consequence, and a pretty decent heel-face turn). The sub plots are forgettable making the middle of the story it's weakest point but the ending made watching worth it for me. It's pretty neat, if you're an anime fan give it a shot.

Started watching this morning. I really love the artwork style. I can't help but feel the "The Day the Earth Stood Still" connection here somewhere (Old B&W version of course.) I haven't seen but three episodes, but it has me hooked. I like the storyline.

I also found a couple of OVA's for this series and the first one I watched was horrible. If the second one is a continuation of the story I'll watch it but if it's some fluff piece that doesn't tie in with the main plot I won't waste the time.