What System do you have the most games for?

Joined Jul 2004
1K Posts | 1+
Bmount
To make this easy I should probably specify physical media only. Digital content would only serve to skew the numbers away from the collectables towards the who has downloaded the most roms or who spent the most money in the eshop.

I don't know that I've counted my collection in a long time but I bet my PS2 collection is the biggest. Just quickly counting whats on the shelf I've got 147 ps2 games (110ish in cases 30ish loose) + another 25 to 50 scattered between my two kids -- so I'm estimating between 175 and 200 ps2 games. I don't think I've got more than 50 - 100 games for any of the other systems.

I'd bet the N64 collection at about 30 games is worth twice what the ps2 collection is worth though. While I've got some nice ps2 titles Rule of Rose is by far my most expensive with possibly dark cloud 2 clocking in at a distant second. Almost the entire N64 collection is Zelda, Mario platformers, Mario rpgs, conker's bad fur day, tactics ogre, etc. Goldeneye is probably the least expensive n64 game I've got and it still almost $20...

Whats everyone else's highest single system game count? Most expensive game? Standouts, etc?

Hmm. At this point, probably PC games. Not really fair though since I've been collecting PC games for 15 years haha. I probably have about 40-50 PC games. But, my N64 collection is a close second. Probably 30-35 games there.

Most expensive game...probably Donkey Kong 64 because I bought it twice haha. I bought it when it came out, traded it after a couple years, then realized that was stupid and bought it again haha. Although, over time, I've racked up quite the bills in Phantasy Star Online for the GC and Star Wars: The Old Republic because of monthly fees.

I never really though of PC games as collectable. I guess at some point some of the big boxes will be sought after but it seems like once that pc game's operating system is dead the game is worthless. I'm sure there's virtualization and flavors of Linux that can be used on newer computers to make some of that old stuff still work but most people don't even have a disc drive anymore much less the 3.5 in or 5.25 in floppy drives. Come to think of it I don't even know if the newer motherboards have the pins for those old drives...