Nokia N-Gage who here owns an N-Gage?

Spartikcus said:
I have both,
the QD sucks because they took out the MP3 player and some other features,
But the Taco sized original isn't that bad, the buttons are badly layed out and
the games are not to much fun with the vertical screen.

Oh and lets not forget those horrible FPS's with the mixture of bad controls and terrible screen size.

what is the difference between the 2 versions?

†B†V† :hat

I pretty much figured it was a bad idea on launch. The only other handheld I ever really enjoyed besides the Game Boy was the Game Gear.

The only difference that I know of the two versions (I've never played, and don't think I ever want to) is that the first one you had to take apart, remove the battery, insert the game chip, replace the battery, put the back cover back on, hit about a million buttons, wait a while, and you could finally see the start menu.  I think the QD can put the card right into the side.

trkorecky said:
The only difference that I know of the two versions (I've never played, and don't think I ever want to) is that the first one you had to take apart, remove the battery, instert the game chip, replace the battery, put the back cover back on, hit about a million buttons, wait a while, and you could finally see the start menu.  I think the QD can put the card right into the side.

wow... the 1st Ngage was THAT inconvenient?!

BV

From what I'm told yes. I personally would've used it for the mp3 option only, since I didn't really like playing the games on a postage-stamp sized screen (yes, I overexaggerated (SP?))

The only difference that I know of the two versions (I've never played, and don't think I ever want to) is that the first one you had to take apart, remove the battery, insert the game chip, replace the battery, put the back cover back on, hit about a million buttons, wait a while, and you could finally see the start menu. I think the QD can put the card right into the side.

Well the sad thing is that what you said is not really overexaggerating. You actually did have to go through all of that to play a game on the N-Gage. On the QD, they put in a game slot so you didn't have to deal with the battery, and they added a "Game" button so you didn't have to navigate tons of menus just to play a game.

So guys, in a totally unexpected turn of events, the N-Gage massively pwnd t3h DS and PSP, and Nintendo and Sony were so ashamed they sold themselves to Nokia. Microsoft knew they were next and sold themselves too.

In another unexpected turn of events, Iwata of Nintendo came to Nokia's president and punched him in the face, procalimed "you suck" and walked away.

Or was that expected?

I actually remember to a little report on this for an engineering class in high school. It actually did sound like a good idea, at the time. Nokia just screwed it up.