I am leaving. :'(

Joined Apr 2008
436 Posts | 0+
Aus
Hey guys, I know not many of you will take much notice to this but I felt for those few who will I felt obligated to say goodbye. This site has brought lots of amazing memory's and iv met some awesome people as well whoem I call friends (which is all of you) :) iv been here through the highs and lows and remember when the forum was full of life. Now a days it's like an empty desert. Which is sad since this site has given me so much. :) I am leaving because I feel I don't have anything to contribute to this site and it's threads, I know you all know more about computers and gaming than I do and that's cool. I just feel as though I'm just taking up space for those who know what there taking about :( If I knew more I'd contribute a lot more. I feel I have nothing to say. :( I will miss you all :'( and this site. I may come by and check up on you guys from time to time as a guest. Sending you all the love in the world and a big thank you for everything you all have done, making me feel so welcome. You couldn't find better people. :)
I wish you all the very best in life and in all your future endeavours :)
Love, MissScyth. Xx

Being that this is a fairwell post, you might not see this response until one of those times you drop back through. Your reference to not being able to contribute to the forum, it takes all kinds of people to make a forum. Look at me I am a lousy gamer, but I enjoy gaming. And I really enjoyed the time when this site was on fire, I felt like I contributed very little at the time. But I still came here and felt a part of what was happening.

Not that many linger here anymore, so anyone that announces that they are leaving, they will be sorely missed. Not sure how many actually come by. I haunt the site, looking, poking, and turning over rocks. Obvious that eveybody has moved on to better ways of connecting. Or they have lost interest in gaming and sharing those experiences with others. Not sure what causes a site so full of life to suddenly become vacant like an empty house. This site had its days and now nothing but shadows. I miss the good times.

Just how do you revive something like this? What causes people to support and contribute to a forum? Is the core gone? That group of skilled gamers that formed the core of this forum have formed new alliances, or life has interrupted.The rest of us just hung around and enjoyed what fell from their table of discussions. That is all I can figure when I consider the loss that is present here.

Sorry to see you go, but then again I understand. You will be missed. See you around MissScyth. :'(

I can't believe noone has posted here since the first week of September. :( Looks like this is finally the end. December will mark my 13th year at EGA which is over half my life. Sad to see it go like this. Thought it could survive anything! We'll miss you, MissScyth.

Retro, glad you're still around. Hope all is well with you! Maybe we'll see each other peek in here from time to time. :)

I drop by about every day. I have this unconscious goal of having the last post in every section of the forum. :lol

I yearn for a return to the old days. There is no sane reason why this forum is like this. I am a family man with a job and love my gaming. Heading toward retirement in a few years. And I am still here.

I admit that I have had to put visiting the site on the back burner. I have had some major life changes including career change and moving occur over the last few months.

Hopefully you'll stop by again when the site is more lively, missScyth!

mastermario said:
I can't believe noone has posted here since the first week of September. :( Looks like this is finally the end. December will mark my 13th year at EGA which is over half my life. Sad to see it go like this. Thought it could survive anything! We'll miss you, MissScyth.

Not many members posted anymore on a regular basis. Expect retro of course lol he likes to have the last say :p

Just dropped by to say hi and how are you all? Hope your all well and you have a great Christmas and a happy new year. :D

Mariochristmas.jpg

Wow! Nice to see you! Glad you stopped by!
And a Merry Christmas to you!
I am doing Ok. I am nursing my Wife. She fell and broke her wrist. I have learned how to wash and roll her hair for her, like a good warrior husband should. It was an honourable task. I bore the challenge well.
Worf_2366.jpg

Thanks retro :)
Well your wife is a lucky women to have such a great husband like you to take care of her. I hope her wrist heels soon. Glad your doing okay too. :)

Sorry you left. Wish this site wasn't abandoned as quickly but I had a feeling it would happen. Glad it's still up though and that a handful of you are still posting.

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook, you're more than welcome to. Just send me a PM and I'll send you my link. :)

CreepinDeth said:
Sorry you left. Wish this site wasn't abandoned as quickly but I had a feeling it would happen. Glad it's still up though and that a handful of you are still posting.

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook, you're more than welcome to. Just send me a PM and I'll send you my link. :)

I added you. :)

Agreed, I wish this site wasn't abandoned as quickly as it was and that it was still full of life. :) same, I'm glad this site is still up too and that there is still some of us here posting. :) it would be sad if this site went down.

I guess I am one who just can't let go and move on. Same here with gaming. :lol

"We are still here"- Morpheus from the Matrix Revolution

"I've been here through the highs and lows and remember when the forum was full of life. Now a days it's like an empty desert."

If allowed to do so I'll get this place cookin' again.