Crunchy Roll

Joined Jul 2004
1K Posts | 1+
Bmount
I recently subscribed and must admit its turned in to a favorite quick. I get in an anime mood from time to time and when I find something I like I'll binge watch the series. Using Netflix and Amazon Prime I run out of good options rather quickly. Both streaming services has a lot of anime but a good portion of it isn't all that great. Adding crunchy roll to the mix I've been able to find binge-able series when I want. I think Crunchy Roll will be one of the last component in the streaming service cocktail that enables me to finally cut cable.

Now for an adequate Sports Center replacement...

Sling.TV has ESPN & ESPN 2 in its basic package. It's $20 a month and it's suited me fine. There are apps for almost any type of device you have. I watch it on Roku and Amazon Fire TV.

I initially ruled out sling because it can only be watched on one device at a time. playstation view can do up to five for ten dollars more. -- the real question is that outside of the availability of live tv theres a lot of redundancy with either option and hulu. Is ESPN really worth 20 - 30 for me... probably but the extra would put me right back in the realm of cable as far as "base price" however with dvrs and multiple rooms the cable costs add up.

I have it on my Roku. Just haven't watched it in a long time. I will need to get back into the animé mood. I will just have to figure out what to watch. I want something with more of a scifi flavor.

targetrasp said:
I initially ruled out sling because it can only be watched on one device at a time. playstation view can do up to five for ten dollars more. -- the real question is that outside of the availability of live tv theres a lot of redundancy with either option and hulu. Is ESPN really worth 20 - 30 for me... probably but the extra would put me right back in the realm of cable as far as "base price" however with dvrs and multiple rooms the cable costs add up.

For $5 more from the base price, you can stream to 3 devices. I get the redundancy but Hulu mainly has basic network television where as Sling is mainly cable network. So that's why I have both. But of course, it's up to you in the end.

sci-fi anime is really hit and miss outside of the mech sub genre. There's some awesome space opera type sci fi anime out there (my personal favorite) as well as some sci-fi horror (parysite was pretty awesome) but NONE end well. These Japanese guys write and write and write and then just stop. I can't recall an anime that I was satisfied with the ending's resolution. There's always so much unanswered.