10 Post Discussion

Joined Jun 2007
776 Posts | 0+
Planet Earth
I started this on GamerLife as a 5 post discussion and someone mentioned to me that I should put it here. Anyway, here's how you play.

The first person(me) Says a subject, then it is discussed for the next 10 posts. On the tenth post, the person can say one last thing about the topic before (but can choose not to) and posts another topic.
To make post count easier, put "Post_" and whatever number post you are on.

I'll start us with an easy one.

Topic: Video Games

Discuss!

Post 1

Post 2

Video games are becoming the new way people entertain themselves. Movies will fail in the long run because most games now are better at being cinimatic than a film. Also, they seem to last longer than movies in replayability. With gas being what it is, people are looking for a new form of low cost entertainment.

Post 3

Video games are a way to step outside of reality, and control the fate of a person or group. Sometimes playing games is just a much needed break from harsh reality.

Post 4

I hope that we will be able to make more games with an open ended ending. One where the decisions you make can determine the ending. I know there are a few out there, but they only have one or two endings. I would like to see one that has around 50 to 100 endings. That would be awesome.

Post 5

Several video games do have that many endings, though they usually vary in only small aspects.

Post 6

If your talking about games with a 100 different characters and the endings only differ in what character is where but the words and actions the same, that my friend is the same ending just different skins in my book. I want the game with a 100 different endings based on what you did in the game down to the very small detail. If you killed people a certain way more than others, you killed certain people, the time it took to complete something, the type of upgrades you got, etc. We have the technology, we just need the programming.

DukeKMFDM said:
Post 6

If your talking about games with a 100 different characters and the endings only differ in what character is where but the words and actions the same, that my friend is the same ending just different skins in my book. I want the game with a 100 different endings based on what you did in the game down to the very small detail. If you killed people a certain way more than others, you killed certain people, the time it took to complete something, the type of upgrades you got, etc. We have the technology, we just need the programming.
Post 7
Like if you used a different weapon it would change the games ending?

Post 8

Exactly. Any little thing you do differently could dramatically alter the ending. The replayability would be enormous. I would almost think about it like the Space Time Continueum Laws. Whatever you alter, could affect the future of events like killing a single bug could change our very DNA. Obviously that is a bit of an exaggeration but the whole point is, everything has a purpose and if you disturb its purpose a chain of events happen that otherwise wouldnt happen and the opposite. If you don't do anything, then another chain of events happens.

Post 9

That would be cool, it would show what kinda player you are.
If you're lazy and dont do anysidequests, you'll have a screwed ending.
If you're a perfect player and do everything the right way, you'll have world peace :D

Post 10

Exactly. It would definetly get more play out of any game if there was that much to it. For most games today, you see the ending and thats it. Maybe another one for finishing the rest of the game but not really enough to keep most people interested. If we could have that much immersibility in games in the future, we will have created a new way of life. New ways to test diseases, personality traits, battlefield tactics, job tactics, etc. The world will be completely digitally practiced before experienced.