Rationalizing a combination of numbers to mean a series of letters using DIFFERENT rationals to come to the apparent conclusion that something was foretold is gibberish.

But hey, that's the positivist/empiricist in me speaking.

Grindspine said:
Rationalizing a combination of numbers to mean a series of letters using DIFFERENT rationals to come to the apparent conclusion that something was foretold is gibberish.

Damn Grindspine,what you just said is almost as confusing as my post. ::D

Grindspine said:

Wha? *Turns head to the side in confusion* :?

Grindspine said:

@ Grindspine,

If you apply "Gematria"(Ancient Hebrew numerology practice) to 1st century figures for example,the word "Beast" mentioned in the "Book Of Revelation" makes some sense.

Translate the name Caesar Nero from Greek to Hebrew and the numbers for each letter add up to 666.

50 200 6 50 100 60 200=666 Does that sound like gibberish?

God bless,
Kaz

MR.KAZ said:
@ Grindspine,

If you apply "Gematria"(Ancient Hebrew type numerology) to 1st century figures for example,the word "Beast" mentioned in the "Book Of Revelation" makes some sense.

Translate the name Caesar Nero from Greek to Hebrew and the numbers for each letter add up to 666.

God bless,
Kaz

So are you saying that the number 666 was a veiled attack against Nero?

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
So are you saying that the number 666 was a veiled attack against Nero?

Please forgive me when I said Hebrew type numerology,I misspoke.

The reason I'm making this reply is to respectfully,disagree with Grindspine's "Gibberish" remark.

I'm merely using Nero as an example to prove that numerology isn't always rubbish.

..."Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:for it is the number of a man;and his number is Six hundred threescore and six...

--Revelation Chapter 13 verse:18
You must keep in mind that in John's time on the island of Patmos he had difficulty describing
and writing down what he experienced as he had no prior knowledge of what he was going through and was destined to write.The passage above is a hint as to the true identity of what he called the Beast.

The Hebrew alphabet has 22 letters(please keep in mind that this was during his time on earth)Each letter has a numeric equivalent.This is where Nero pops up.Check out his bio,he hated Christians.All of this is not rubbish.

MR.KAZ said:
darn Grindspine,what you just said is almost as confusing as my post. ::D

Simplified:

Numerology is using DIFFERENT rationalizations on numbers to infer meaning.

Often that meaning is used post facto to show significance.

However, since the varied strategies of inferring meaning are not consistent, neither is the significance.

Numerology, therefore, does not have significant meaning.

MR.KAZ said:
@ Grindspine,

If you apply "Gematria"(Ancient Hebrew numerology practice) to 1st century figures for example,the word "Beast" mentioned in the "Book Of Revelation" makes some sense.

God bless,
Kaz

It only sounds like gibberish as much as horoscopes do. Ambiguity does not make something truth.

Grindspine said:
Simplified:

Numerology is using DIFFERENT rationalizations on numbers to infer meaning.

Often that meaning is used post facto to show significance.

However, since the varied strategies of inferring meaning are not consistent, neither is the significance.

Numerology, therefore, does not have significant meaning.

It only sounds like gibberish as much as horoscopes do. Ambiguity does not make something truth.

I don't care how many big words you use Grindspine.How can you refute this material?

MR.KAZ said:
I don't care how many big words you use Grindspine.How can you refute this material?

You can't, which is the ambiguity to which Grindspine was referring, but being unable to definitively refute something doesn't make it true. There are completely ridiculous ideas and theories that I have no way of refuting, but they are not true because of it.

I too don't buy most numerology, but I am willing to admit that perhaps the number 666 was referring to emperor Nero. At the time of The Book of Revelations' writing, Christianity was not yet accepted, and an outright attack on the man would have just caused further persecution. Early Christians instead, therefore, alluded to him being evil through the number.

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
You can't, which is the ambiguity to which Grindspine was referring, but being unable to definitively refute something doesn't make it true. There are completely ridiculous ideas and theories that I have no way of refuting, but they are not true because of it.

I too don't buy most numerology, but I am willing to admit that perhaps the number 666 was referring to emperor Nero. At the time of The Book of Revelations' writing, Christianity was not yet accepted, and an outright attack on the man would have just caused further persecution. Early Christians instead, therefore, alluded to him being evil through the number.

Cherry,tell me you're not just chalking this up as a coincidence.C'mon now.