Xbox still kickin?? One more release they say!

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
Madden 09 will be released on the original Xbox! Surprised? I know I am! I thought Madden 08 was the offical LAST title.

well that's weird. well is just madden in my opinion is not a big deal.

For whoever's not using the original Xbox as a coffee table right now, this will be good. I'm gettin Madden 09 for the PS3 though. 8)

I find this to be a real surprise. Why would developers work on a game on a system that hasn't had a release since the last Madden?!?!

maybe it doesn't cost much to do it on the XBOX, because if they really wanted to release the game in every console even old-gen they would have also done it on the gamecube XD.

I'll buy it. I kept my Xbox and occasionally bask in it's green glow.

I imagine that most people have that haven't sold their Boxes for next-gen consoles have had them fail on them, such as in the case of my older brother's.

i had two xbox's before i got a 360 and both worked perfect. i never had trouble with them. but why keep ur xbox anyways? you can play every original xbox game on the 360 right?

Also, some people like collecting consoles for nostalgia, or something. Besides that, you can only sell your Box for less than you bought it, so why not keep it?

I paid zero for my Xbox. Samsung drive. No worries. If it does fail, I'll just fix it myself.

There's little reason why I should just drop last gen stuff for new junk. If the games are still fun, I have no worries.

Asii said:
Also, some people like collecting consoles for nostalgia, or something. Besides that, you can only sell your Box for less than you bought it, so why not keep it?

to use the money that you do get to buy something better. say you had a xbox but wanted a 360. sell the xbox. use the money to go towards the 360.

2relyt5 said:
to use the money that you do get to buy something better. say you had a xbox but wanted a 360. sell the xbox. use the money to go towards the 360.

It's a waste of money. I don't know the exact prices of consoles, but let's say you bought an XBOX for 300 dollars. If you sell it for 100 dollars to go for a 360, you're losing money.

Asii said:
It's a waste of money. I don't know the exact prices of consoles, but let's say you bought an XBOX for 300 dollars. If you sell it for 100 dollars to go for a 360, you're losing money.
Yeah, if you did nothing with the Xbox. But over the last 7 years, think you've gotten your money's worth?

Asii said:

but you get your moeny's worth by buying a 360, is like selling your house to buy a bigger one or selling an old car to get a new one, that's bussiness and is everywhere =/

Zidart said:
but you get your moeny's worth by buying a 360, is like selling your house to buy a bigger one or selling an old car to get a new one, that's bussiness and is everywhere =/

If I buy a bigger house, my smaller house will become a rental. :D

I understand what you're all saying. I'm just saying that some people would rather keep the original Xbox. I guess I went a little out of line when I said it'd be a waste of money to sell it.

Every time I make mention of my Xbox, someone shakes their head in amazment. Then they say, "Man, I wish I never got rid of my Xbox."