Neo Geo CD The neo geo cd z

Joined Feb 2009
9 Posts | 0+
Hi been playing neo cd for id say 2 maybe 3 weeks now. Ive been a huge fan of neo for years im really enjoying the cd games but man i want a cdz.
I agree with most people in that the loading doesnt make the good games bad. But it does get anoying and i figure if there is a way of makeing it faster i should take advantage of this :)
Just thought id ask what should i be expecting to pay for a cdz?
Theres only 2 on ebay at the moment and one is broken with nothing and its 180$ aussie and 83 postage 263$ for a broken console seems steep. Hit japan has one in his shop for 308$ australian 80$ postage box manual looks preety mint is that expensive for what it is?
I dont really want one with a box and manual how much cheapers should it be with no box and manual?
Is there better places than ebay to find a cdz?
any help with these questions would be awesome.

Ive got a top loader box manual totally mint im not sure but im considering selling it on ebay and useing that money and some of my own for cdz.
But for collection purposes i think i may hang onto the top loader.

if the top loader you have is a U.S. released console, i'd buy it from you. i'm looking for a mint top loader.

as for cdz, they all seem to run expensive costs. if you find one without a box and manual, it would probably be about 90-100$ cheaper, but i see them most often with a box. i would keep an eye on ebay though. i've seen decent deals there before. any other place i know puts high price on the cdz console. generally speaking, expect to pay around 150 (unboxed, working condition) to 270+ (boxed, good working condition).

I bought my system in australia buy chance at a second hand video game store. I didnt buy it from the store just off a guy who happen to be holding it in the store.

Im not sure but i think it might actually be a euro system not actually sure how to tell. I asked the guy i bought it off but he was clueless and not really into games he just said he bought it in aus and never used it. Its not a jap the system manual is all in english.

i think one way to tell is by looking at the box it came in. euro or pal consoles came inside a black and silver box. japanese consoles came in black and orange, but i'm not sure about U.S. consoles. they may have come in black and orange box too.

Another thing to consider is that, I think, the CDZ was very limited in its production run, which could account for its scarcity and high price.

I have also read that they have a over heating problem that you would have to contend with.

Here is a pic of my box. I have a Japanese top loader.
ngcd.gif
nowloading.gif

It has a serial # 0004839
The number is on the box and system.

i recently scored a pretty good deal on a brand new cdz. yea, brand new (couldnt believe it myself). unfortunately, i plugged it in to test it out with king of monsters 2 and pulstar, then i put the plastics back over the console and i'm letting it sleep inside the box for now. dont know what to do with it.

havent found the USA console ive been looking for though. those things are extinct i think.