Neo Geo CD Neo CDZ

What is the difference that you are experiencing in gaming? Is it really that much better that makes it worthwhile owning one vs. the regular top loader?

I have had both the toploader and the CDZ before, and I prefer the CDZ. The load times are about half what they are on the toploader.

The only system I havent owned is the frontloader....

Still looking for one at the right price, in the right condition.

Do you own an AES system? I've been thinking about one since I got the NGCD. There looks like a lot of games I could purchase in a reasonable price range. Only certain games like the newer ones and Metal Slug seem out of reach. I have seen some of the older games go for a high price, but is complete with case, instructions, in mint condition. I am looking at eBay. I might think about this a little harder at the first of next year.

retro junkie said:
Do you own an AES system? I've been thinking about one since I got the NGCD. There looks like a lot of games I could purchase in a reasonable price range. Only certain games like the newer ones and Metal Slug seem out of reach. I have seen some of the older games go for a high price, but is complete with case, instructions, in mint condition. I am looking at eBay. I might think about this a little harder at the first of next year.
I own an English Gold system... they are cool too. It depends which games you are looking for.

There are a couple good titles you can score for cheap... I am surprised how cheap you can get some AES items this date. 3 years back... you couldn't get ANYWHERE near these prices.

I have a toploader CD as well. I have heard that the toploaders seem to last longer than the CDZs. I've never had a CDZ returned, but I've had 2 toploaders returned.

If you go AES... just remember, you will pay a lot for some titles.

I don't mind the Neo CD load times... and I dig the system. The CDs have superior sound than the carts... and the graphics are better right out the box due to the S-Video connection. If you have never tried your Neo CD with S-video, you are missing out... it makes a big difference.

†B†V† :hat

To give you an idea of the age of the TV I am using for my system, it does not have any RCA hookups. I am using a converter box to hookup my NGCD. I have an old 19inch setting here beside my desktop. (moment of silence for mourning :( )

I will have to take it to the living room after I get me a S-video cable and see what you are talking about.

The load times on my NGCD don't bother me. I have a Sega CD, Saturn, Turbo Duo, PS1, and a Dreamcast. I feel that I have been through the whole gauntlet of CD gaming. A good game is worth the wait. :)

I was just thinking about the AES because it seems that some of the prices have come down a lot. There would be those good titles that would be totally out of reach for me. In no way would it take the place of my toploader.

I dont have an AES, I have a consolized MVS instead.

The AES cart prices are still too high for many of the must have titles. MVS carts have increased in price, but you can still find many that have an attractive price tag.

I will eventually get an AES, but for now, I have the CDZ and the MVS.

One of the main attractions for me for AES is the cart boxes with the art.

Kanji said:
I dont have an AES, I have a consolized MVS instead.

The AES cart prices are still too high for many of the must have titles. MVS carts have increased in price, but you can still find many that have an attractive price tag.

I will eventually get an AES, but for now, I have the CDZ and the MVS.

One of the main attractions for me for AES is the cart boxes with the art.

Are you saying that you have what is called a "Supergun?" I have been googling about this. It is beginning to look better than the AES to me. If that is what you have may I ask what site you got this from or recommend?

retro junkie said:
Are you saying that you have what is called a "Supergun?" I have been googling about this. It is beginning to look better than the AES to me. If that is what you have may I ask what site you got this from or recommend?

Actually, I have a consolized 2 slot main board. Basically, you take a 2 slot MVS board, which you could use with a supergun, and you basically put the supergun inside the 2 slot board, so you have one sleek package, instead of the supergun, wires, a main board and carts, etc.

I will post some pics of it tomorrow.

I bought mine from KPJ of the Neo-Geo.com forums. you can see a version of one below. Mine is red.

cmvs.jpg