Neo Geo CD Japanese NGCD system voltage?

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
Does anyone else that has a Japanese NGCD in the US use a step down voltage converter for their system? Is it necessary? I was wondering if it should be a concern for me. I'm thinking that in the long run it could damage the AC adapter. (I could be very wrong) And I am thinking that they are not that easy to find.

I have had numerous NGCD systems in the past, and never used a step down converter.

I think the general rule is to not leave it plugged in and give it a rest when it warms up a bit.

My CDZ was in use last night for 4 plus hours, and the PSU didnt warm at all.

I am not a electronics expert....

If I am right... the voltage is within the acceptable limits (so is the amperage).

I haven't heard of anyone having problems using a Japanese console in the US.

†B†V† :hat

Why is the output 5v 2a and also 10 v 1a. Which is it? Does the PC board pull somewhere in-between depending on the game being played processing needs? :huh

retro junkie said:
Why is the output 5v 2a and also 10 v 1a. Which is it? Does the PC board pull somewhere in-between depending on the game being played processing needs? :huh
This is a question I cannot answer, and I apologize. :-\

†B†V† :hat

Thanks for reading. I was beginning to hear echos in the NGCD section here. ::D
I was hoping someone could answer, it just got my curiosity up. I have been reading that there are two different AC adapters for the AES, one with the 5v 2a and one with the 10v 1a. Then I looked at my adapter for my NGCD and was puzzled. It contains both.