TurboGrafx Any Turbo Grafx / Duo Fans at this site?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
are there any Turbo grafx fans at this site?

If so, post up :)

What do you like about the system, cd system...etc!

†B†V† :hat

I am still deciding what option to go when purchasing a NEC system. Any recommendations? I know that there is the Super Grafx but can you play American games on it?

If you purchase a super grafx system... I believe you need a converter for US games... and you would need a converter for Jpn games to play on a US system :)

The cool thing about the super grafx is that you can get the PCE CD system... and attach that to the bottom of the Super Grafx... and then you can play ALL games up to the Super grafx... and ALL US games as well... with a converter.

NOW, I believe CD wise.. you can play all games....(that is with the PCE cd adaptor)... I believe that is the case.
Samething with the US systems.. you can play Japanese Duo CD's... on the Duo....

Don't quote me 100%, but I believe that is the case :D

I hope this helps!

It is strange. When I first got into classic gaming, I only wished for Japanese games. But now, I honestly prefer the US systems. I like knowing that the power voltage is right and that I can read all the text in my games.

I have never really liked imports. even the games that are easy to figure out regardless of language.... I still do not like imports.

The TG16 stuff is definitely very nice. Its a different system, and I wish that it could have made a better impact.

The Turbo Express is still one of the BEST handhelds ever made!

The TG-16 is just great. It is right up there with the SNES and Neogeo. There are just some games on the TG-16 that you cannot find anywhere else. I will be getting mine a.s.a.p.:)

:) My Core Grafx w/ Super CD-Rom 2 attachment
is coming soon & D-Lite is modding it for me. :lol ;)
Pretty cool! huh. :lol :)

I've got a Turbo Duo and think it's great. If you're looking to get into the Turbo scene, I'd recommend trying to get one of these first. It'll cost ya more, but you can play all the cart and CD games (and Japanese CD games without an adapter) right out of the box. I think I paid about $150 for mine back in the day.

Z-Force said:
I've got a Turbo Duo and think it's great.  If you're looking to get into the Turbo scene, I'd recommend trying to get one of these first.  It'll cost ya more, but you can play all the cart and CD games (and Japanese CD games without an adapter) right out of the box.  I think I paid about $150 for mine back in the day. 

any more.. a boxed Duo Runs $200-250... depending on condition.

It definitely is a great system.

I really enjoy the PC Engine (Turbo GFX 16) as the HuCard base itself, a shooters paradise and everything done so nicely to par up with the greats of SNES and Genesis even.

For a 1987 *Japan* and 1989 *USA* release, that was pretty advanced to finally capture arcade perfect graphics for the time being. It just really was a shame that it didn't catch on too well in the USA. I remember during 1992 you could buy a Core Turbo Duo for $50 at Toys R Us...not even 4 years old...and dropped that quickly

MegaDrive20XX said:
I really enjoy the PC Engine (Turbo GFX 16) as the HuCard base itself, a shooters paradise and everything done so nicely to par up with the greats of SNES and Genesis even.

For a 1987 *Japan* and 1989 *USA* release, that was pretty advanced to finally capture arcade perfect graphics for the time being. It just really was a shame that it didn't catch on too well in the USA. I remember during 1992 you could buy a Core Turbo Duo for $50 at Toys R Us...not even 4 years old...and dropped that quickly
:eek: no way.... for $50?!

I got a Turbo Grafx 16 for $30 and Raiden for $13 new in box.... but I never saw a Duo there that cheap. Wow....

Bv :hat

I am now the proud owner of a Turbo Grafx 16, after post-poning it for such a long time, I finally broke down and bought one. Just the original US Model TG16 of course, very lovely condition I may add.

Very nice! Great system to have. I have the Turbo Grafx 16 with docking station and CD add-on WITH the English System card 3.0.

that is a pretty hard combination to come by anymore... and I'd say it's excellent to near mint.

I LOVE Lords of Thunder :) one of the best soundtracks in a game ever.

I've been eyeballing a couple of those TG games in Blue's store.

The Turbo is easily my most neglected console. It has charm though. I have a Turbo Booster for mine, but I wish I had the Turbo Booster Plus so I could save games, then I'd play stuff like Neutopia and Gunboat.

MegaDrive20XX said:
I need to track down one of those CD add-on's...and the 3.0 card probably
I have a Brand new USA System card 3.0.... They are RARE though... I've had it sitting for about 2 years. 2-3 years ago I ran out of used US system 3.0 cards... the last one I was offered $120 for a near mint used card. The JPN ones aren't hard to find, it is just the US ones. IF I CAN WORK THE DEAL OUT... I'll have a few docking stations (NEW) for $30-40...

@ Rocky... it is a neglected console... I really do like it. The only problem I have with the system is the crappy sound (IMO). I just never got into the sound.

BV :hat

MegaDrive20XX said:
wow thats awesome
it is pretty cool.... BUT... I can't guarantee it.

If interested, I'll keep you informed.